March 28, 2024, 11:56:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: NRPN minimum and maximum values  (Read 1813 times)

robotecho

• Apprentice
NRPN minimum and maximum values
« on: June 03, 2019, 12:33:51 pm »
I can live with the maximum possible range being 127, but the lack of minimum and maximum values for NRPN makes my Keylab 61 mkII pretty useless for controlling older gear, which needs 0 - 61, -63 - 63, 0 or 1 for switches as well as the 0 - 127 that is provided.

This seems to be a long standing issue with Arturia's NRPN capable devices and it is hard to imagine why it can't be fixed?

My Roland A800PRO had no problem with this.

sampathhebbar@gmail.com

Re: NRPN minimum and maximum values
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 10:53:28 am »
I cant stress the importance of having min/Max range for NRPN messages. I give you an example of MIDI implementation from Novation circuit:
LFO One Shot : LSB:0;MSB:122/ Range = 12 (off) and 13(on)
LFO Key Sync: LSB:0;MSB:122/ Range = 14(off) and 15 (on)
LFO Common Sync: LSB:0;MSB:122/ Range = 16(Off) and 17(on)

The circuit here uses the same NRPN message to change 3 parameters with the help of Range.

If I were to program this on Keylab Mk2, I have to assign LSB:0;MSB:122 to a fader (Knobs don't work in NRPN mode because of custom acceleration  ::)) and no where to mention the range. And values change arbitrarily as all of them are assigned to the same fader.
Please Arturia, for a midi controller of this quality, you just cant miss this feature. Please Please!

baldwookie

• Apprentice
Re: NRPN minimum and maximum values
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 07:04:41 am »
I have been struggling with this! I thought I was going insane trying to make this machine work only to find out simple NRPN functionality isn't possible. * sigh *

That is disappointing.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines