March 28, 2024, 01:40:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: favorited preset patches storage  (Read 2930 times)

progrocker

• Apprentice
favorited preset patches storage
« on: October 03, 2019, 11:53:16 pm »
Is there anyway to aggregate the favorited patches into a repository or folder within Analog Lab? Right now I have to go through each synth and look for the "heart" icon to see them.

LBH

Re: favorited preset patches storage
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2019, 12:53:43 am »
You can sort by favorites by clicking on the heart over in the preset browser window. Does'nt that work?
A way to search for favorites or to only show favorite would perhaps be nice to have.

You can move presets to another folder. It will have to be done for each application so you have a folder/ Bank with the same name, but in Analog Lab they will show as if, they were in the same bank, if the folders/ banks in each application have the same name.
But each time an application is being reinstalled or updated and the process include installation of the factory presets, then the presets will be installed in the factory folders, and that may introduce some issues, unless you have resave them to another Bank, but i don't know.

You can also resave the presets as Analog Lab presets, and thus they all will be in the same folder, if you give them the same Bankname.

You can also add a favorite attribute to your presets, that you can search for. This also require you resave factory presets.

Depending on your needs, then you perhaps can use concerts/ playlists.

I think what i mentioned first in this post should work fine. It will not require any work for you.

For your information then i think that the informations about favorites markings is stored in a folder named FactoryEdit, but i'm not sure.

progrocker

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2019, 04:43:49 am »
Hi. I am running AL 3 for starters. I don't see how you can make a folder. There's no command for that? Yes, it would be great if you could have all your favorites in one folder to access. I'm guessing that's not possible.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2019, 04:37:05 pm »
When you create a Bank, then you also create a folder.
Preset folders/ banks are located here:
OSX: /Library/Arturia/Presets
WIN: C:\ProgramData\Arturia\Presets

What's wrong with the options i mentioned?
Perhaps it's about learning how to manage presets and use Analog Lab in generel?

An example. I have a synth where presets a copied to a favorite folder if i choose to add them to my favorites. This happens preset by preset. This is actually the same as if you save a copy of a preset to a Bank that you in example can create and call Favorites. And it will work just like other banks, so this is easier to browse, than the synth i mentioned, as you can use all the search and sort functions in Arturias browser system.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 05:05:25 pm by LBH »

gphantom

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2019, 11:43:30 pm »
What I did, was to go through every single preset and create new sorted banks.  I wanted to create banks with real sounding instruments like GUITAR, SAX, TRUMPET etc so, I save as _BRASS as an example so that if I want only brass instruments, I click on that bank and presto, every preset I saved is the only ones listed in that bank.
I have also used the "STYLES" setting as a sub-sort addon.  For example, some brass instrument types are MONOPHONIC (One key at a time only) and others are POLYPHONIC (More than one key at a time) so when I save a preset, I also set the STYLE whether it's Mono or Poly.  I also have a 1SHOT style which means the instrument plays one note only and the other is AFTERTOUCH if that preset has that feature.  So if I want a brass instrument that accepts two or more keys for multiple frequencies with aftertouch, I click on those options in the STYLES setting and presto, there's the list.  From there you could also make a specific preset a FAVORITE or not.

Another problem is that I might have a lot of presets in a bank I created, like 335 PADS so I created a SONG (In Analog Lab 4) and added those presets that are special that I intend to use often.  The song would be called:  BEST PADS and move the preset to the song I created (Not a song but a preset or Favorite preset.)  Moving a preset to a SONG doesnt move the preset or create a new one (as far as I know) but merely copies the preset name and links it.

It took me many weeks to go through every preset but at least they're sorted the way I like it.

progrocker

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2019, 07:40:29 am »
thanks gphantom. I think the way you explained it made sense to me. I've now got self-titled bank with different types of presets as lists. Also I can see which synths are used in that named bank as they are highlighted. But like you said, it's a long process to go through each preset to find the one's you like...

gphantom

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2019, 07:47:14 pm »
Yes, it is a long process and definitely well worth it in the long run.  That way, if you need a particular instrument, you can find it easilly and quickly.
Another thing you could do if you want to sort them from best to least best is to place a number in front of the preset name so that if you like GRAND PIANO D the best, you can rename it to 001-GRAND PIANO D and 002-GERMAN GRAND  etc.
You can always rename them as needed so that  002-whatever can become  009-whatever simply by renaming it then click on SAVE (NOT  SAVE-AS) or you would create a second copy.

ALSO----  Use ANALOG LAB version 4 cause it has much better features and presets and it has a "CONCERT" mode (why it was called that, I don't know) but it allows you to create SONGS where you place the presets you want so you can build a song from them.  Great idea but I also use it to place the best presets of a particular type so that I have the best synths I've saved and you can move them up or down the list.

Another feature is the ability to create filters (Called FX) for each preset and save them as a separate preset or update the ones you saved.
In their sample CONCERT section with SONG 2, they have a grand piano with: DELAY, REVERB, PARAMEQ and DISTORTION effects which really boost the sound of the instrument.  Also available are: MultiFilter, Compressor,  Chorus, Flanger, Phaser and Stereo Pan.  You can add up to 6 effects and settings for them.

As I mentioned, well worth upgrading to version 4 before you put in a lot of work like I did.

straycodemonkey

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2019, 09:48:50 am »
Check out this software; http://www.codemonkey.me.uk/view_blog_entry.php?blog_entry_id=140&from_entry=0

It will certainly help in what you're attempting here. The download link is towards the end of the explanation of what it is all about. You'll probably need to update to Analog Lab 4 first.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 09:52:37 am by straycodemonkey »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines