March 28, 2024, 10:51:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: V Collection 7 - Questions i have before i buy...  (Read 1388 times)

sharath83

• Apprentice
  • Learning music production and piano
V Collection 7 - Questions i have before i buy...
« on: November 14, 2019, 08:22:33 pm »
Hi all,

I happened to see the Black Friday sale on FB from Arturia, and to my surprise i saw that V collection 7 is for 199 USD, after i have logged in to view the personal offer  ;D ... Otherwise the current offer for everyone is 299 USD currently.

So before i go for it, could i please know, i have few questions:
1) Can the V Collection be used be on 2 computers, 1 on Desktop and a Laptop as well??
2) Have you used V Collection 7 or previous versions, is it CPU hungry?
3) So far how do you find the updates useful, from the day you brought?
4) How useful is the collection so far, for your own music creation?
5) Without future updates i can still use the vst instruments right?

Lemme know people, have a nice day ya'all :)

LBH

Re: V Collection 7 - Questions i have before i buy...
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2019, 09:50:42 pm »
1. You can activate V-Collection on up to 5 computers at the same time.

2. The applications use more or less CPU. Some applications you might find use much CPU, some little and others something in between. Just like with other plugins out there.
I suggest you download the applications and run them in demo mode to find out yourself.

3. Some things has been fixed - others not. Some new things including feature requests has been added - others not. Some things you might find useful - others not. Some applications might have more or less bugs big as small, - others none. Don't know, if you will find any issues or for your usage.

4. Again i suggest you download and run the applications in demo mode and decide for yourself. V-Collection have lots of possibilities.

5. Yes - as long as the OS you use does'nt get changed in a way, where you can't anymore, unless you update the V-Collection applications as well.
Most of V-Collection updates has been free, for the applications you have bought, unless the change have been very big like adding the new powerful preset browser system. Upgrades cost - like new applications in new V-Collections.
I can't tell if this policy will continue. I'm a user.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 10:00:08 pm by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines