March 28, 2024, 01:48:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Stuck notes  (Read 11689 times)

Furio2

• Apprentice
Stuck notes
« on: November 10, 2019, 07:04:30 pm »
With "stuck notes" I mean missing MIDI OFF message when you play on the controller, leaving some sounds playing.

It happens a lot when you play glissando on VST organs and low quality keyboards.
I bought KeyLab61 mkII because it was from my point of view a really nice instruments.
After some gigs and tests with many VSTSs I arrived to conclusion that keybed of this device is not as I need.
Many stuck notes if I play glissando and sliding hands chords, trying to simulate hammond technique.

I tried many options (USB, USB with power hub, power supply and MIDI cable).
No way, after some minutes I am able to produce a lot of stuck notes.
With many VSTs (NI VintageOrgans and IK Hammond B3X) and different VST hosts (Reaper, Cantabile).
If I use my Yamaha Montage, with same VSTs and hosts, no stuck notes are produced.
So I think it is only a KeyLab problem.

I already upgraded firmware 1.3.1
No success.

What next?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 07:06:14 pm by Furio2 »

Furio2

• Apprentice
Re: Stuck notes
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2019, 05:24:07 pm »
I just made another test.
Pure hardware link, from my Keylab to Yamaha Montage.
Arturia controller with power supply and MIDI cable.
No computer, no software.

5 seconds of playing and I got a stuck note.
Any way to repair this device?
Or it is an intrinsic weak feature?

I am really sad...

LBH

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2019, 05:35:01 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

I suggest you contact the dealer and Arturia support, as no owners of keylab seems to respond on this issue. I can't tell if anything is wrong.

I hope you find a solution.

Regards
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 05:37:15 pm by LBH »

Auctioneer

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2020, 07:09:45 pm »
You're not the only one... I exchanged one that had this issue for another that arrived today - same problem. If I play a glissando on the black keys, more often than not a 'Note off' message will be skipped on one of the notes. F#3 and C#4 are two of the most common culprits but there are others.

I've opted for a second exchange but I wonder if there is a manufacturing issue with this most recent batch? Support recommended I repair or exchange... but having waited four weeks already for Arturia to send a replacement to Andertons I'm tempted to ask for a refund if this new one is broken too.

Auctioneer

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2020, 11:44:43 pm »
Arturia have now informed me that this is a firmware issue. I'll keep this thread updated as I learn more.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2020, 12:06:03 pm »
For once I agree with Arturia; from a hardware perspective the note is either on or off, and assuming the keys aren't physically getting stuck down (you've made it clear they are not), then it's a firmware issue rather than a hardware issue.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Auctioneer

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2020, 12:19:32 pm »
Arturia are currently working on a fix and we should see a firmware update in the future.

fillerupmac

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2020, 02:35:47 pm »
I am glad to see I'm NOT the only one with this problem!  Mine occurs more with repeated staccato chords - one note of a chord will stay on. This suddenly started last November as well. I sent the keyboard in, and they were out of stock on black keyboards, so they sent a white one. I'd prefer the black.
Interesting that I had my keyboard since Christmas '18 and no issues until November '19.

I tried using the keyboard on a laptop, end experienced no problems for an hour, so assumed at the time it was something to do with my desktop.  It WAS pretty random, not occurring more than once and hour, but then I found a voice onmy desktop that happened too often!

Specs:
Using Analog Lab 4, DX Piano preset (Farfisa)  on Keylab MkII (white) you sent me.

Windows 10, v1909. Ryzen 5 2600X, 16GB RAM, 64bit, SSD 500GB

SoundBlaster Audigy 5, ASIO4ALL, V2/14

Hope they get this figured out!

Al Schlafli

RolandRobertson

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2020, 05:29:55 pm »
Any update if a fix such as a new firmware is still in the works?  Very interested to see if this issue is being given the attention it deserves.  I am very happy with my KeyLab 61 MkII in every respect except for the occasional stuck notes.

jowi

• Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2020, 05:59:23 pm »
Hi, funny, I earlier posted a complaint of this problem. 0,0 response. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with this problem. I have both the MKII and the MKI in one setup. The MKI has no problem with this issue. I'm already on the edge of replacing the MKII for an old MKI due to this problem. I'm glad to hear it's a firmware problem. That makes it worth to wait for a update. I was afraid it would've been a hardware issue.

20200427 Update : created a support ticket on Arturia technical support. Awaiting there answer...
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 02:35:29 pm by jowi »

jowi

• Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2020, 01:38:12 am »
Still no reply from Arturia. Bit disapointing. In answer to my problem they told me the issue was already registred, and they where working on it. But now, almost a month later, still no sollution. Way to go Arturia. make your users happy.

fillerupmac

• Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2020, 05:09:21 pm »
On 22 May, 2020 I received an email from support that the problem has been resolved.  It will be a firmware update.

As of 6 June, 2020, still no update.  In the meantime, I have discovered trying to use u-he's Diva is almost impossible - many voices will stick notes, and you can't even tap the key again to release the note.

On my SEVENTH month of trying use this DOORSTOP.

Al Schlafli

Projunior

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2020, 05:40:43 pm »
That's interesting a reported firmware fix is in the works. I've had an open support issue for some months as well, but thus far no mention of firmware as fix, only possibility to replace the keyboard - which while I appreciate, if there's nothing changed, what would be the point of that... 

I too find Diva all but unusable due to the hung notes. There seems a strong correlation with CPU load and the hangs e.g., Kontakt/The Orchestra also. Conversely, many of my standalone instruments like AAS VA3 never so much as a hiccup...

Please keep us apprised if you hear more re firmware to fix.

regards

Rik-The-Mix

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2020, 11:32:06 am »
Exactly the same issue here with sticking notes. A simple view of MIDI Monitor shows the missing note off's, plus there's a few missing note on's as well; especially if you play lots of fast chords!
I use Logic Pro X and have found a workaround. You can use the Keylab USB connection for DAW Control, but for keyboard playing, use the Keylab's 5-pin MIDI OUT socket via a MIDI interface into Logic. It works seamlessly with that but remember to disable the Keylab Keyboard in the MIDI preferences Inputs Tab in Logic but leave Keylab DAW On.
Hope that helps someone - maybe a similar setup will work in other DAWs?
Roll on the FW update!

furio

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2020, 04:51:50 pm »
I am getting nervous...

Any news?
I started this post more than one year ago.
Now my controller is out of warranty and I see no solution.
I am going to sell it losing money: I play a lot of gigs with organ sounds and this device is absolutely unable to do a proper job.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines