March 28, 2024, 11:40:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spam in the forums.  (Read 1042 times)

LBH

Spam in the forums.
« on: November 09, 2019, 12:07:55 am »
Theres a lot of spam from MerbaLab in the forums. Clear to see.
Also some from tomriddlepotter. That's verified for good by answering questions, and then links have been added to the opening posts.

I thought Arturia/ moderators looked in the forums and spotted things like this and got it fixed.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: Spam in the forums.
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2019, 11:14:48 pm »
615 spam posts by MerbaLab so far, and counting. It would appear the mods don't check the forum at weekends whereas spammers don't have non-working days.
I did offer my services to moderate the forum when it was spammed hard last year but my request was ignored.
I find it ironic how much spam we get considering the high number of genuine new users who moan that it's nearly impossible to get through the registration process because they don't understand the security questions. Clearly the spammers understand the questions very well.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 07:50:45 pm »
Hi I do look and report spam at the weekends but i only have limited access to remove posts from my threads only.
I will ask if its possible to get more access to remove the spam as its getting worse atm.

regards

TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

LBH

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2019, 08:36:48 pm »
Thanks for that info terrym.
The main thing is to get rid of the spam and hopefully the spammers. It pop up from time to time.

Regards.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines