April 20, 2024, 09:01:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Microfreak - Pocket Operator clock synch  (Read 2822 times)

eaman

• Apprentice
Microfreak - Pocket Operator clock synch
« on: November 08, 2019, 11:28:37 pm »
I want to use the MicroFreak with my Pocket Operator PO-20 arcade: issue is with clock sync.
If I set the MF as master it seems to me like it does not send the clock signal unless it is in ARP mode, which is unfortunate as I want to play normally. Actually all I need is for the MF to stay at the same BPM as the PO so the LFO works in synch with the song.

Is there some setting I'm missing, other than using the PO as master (which would make a cable problem for me)?

Gmaks

Re: Microfreak - Pocket Operator clock synch
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2019, 10:25:00 am »
Same problem here, in my case I use the sequencer to launch the signal to PO 12 , I usually erase the saved sequence line and in this way I play free notes without having to use arp mode. In any case , it's not possible playing notes without activate seq or arp,if anyone knows another way it would be good to know.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 10:26:34 am by Gmaks »

pickletech

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2020, 02:11:27 am »
Just adding some solidarity to your complaint here - I've raised a support ticket as the issue goes beyond your scenario.

It's not just if the MF is Master; if it's receiving clock from another device, it still only sends that clock on if the sequencer or arpeggiator is playing. This includes MIDI clock, even to the point where if MIDI Thru is enabled the MF still blocks it and enforces its bizarre "sequencer only" rule.

I really don't see how that can be useful to anyone - I can only imagine it's a niche performance space where someone would be glad that they could use the MF to decouple clock sync.

yakki

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2021, 08:38:23 pm »
Did any of you find a solution to this?

I've been trying to sync my po-12 with the Microfreak as master clock. Have it set at 2ppqn (which worked with my volca and po-12) but when I run the arp or seq the PO-12 stutters on advancing steps. It will do a few steps in time, then pause for a few steps then continue on.  Also it is frustrating that the PO-12 can't run independent of the arp or sequencer...

I'm upgraded to the most recent firmware (3.0.6) and have tried with multiple 1/8" cables TR and TRS and the same issue every time...

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines