April 19, 2024, 08:46:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Pigments Sequencer tempo sync not working in Studio One  (Read 1839 times)

keshavjagannath123

Pigments Sequencer tempo sync not working in Studio One
« on: November 08, 2019, 06:17:55 am »
Hi! The tempo sync tool on the Pigments sequencer is always slightly out of sync with the metronome on studio one 4.5, rendering it pretty much unusable in mixes. This occurs even when I manually dial in the bpm in pigments to match the tempo in Studio One. Any suggestions?

LBH

Re: Pigments Sequencer tempo sync not working in Studio One
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2019, 05:13:10 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

Which version of Studio One do you use?
Which OS do you use?

How much is "sligtly off" and how do you come to that result?
How can you tell it's about Pigments?
Is it only the Metronome and not the recording/ result that's off beat?

Do you in example have the issue with recorded trigger notes? Or do you only have the issue when you render to audio?
Do you have the issue when you does'nt start the part where the sequence is from the first bar/ beat in Studio One, but in example start the song after one bar?

Do you have the issue when playing a loop only?

keshavjagannath123

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2019, 03:40:36 am »
Hi There! Thank you for reaching out.

1. I'm on Studio One 4.5.4.54067 WIN x64  from September 12th 2019.
2. My OS is Windows 10 Home version 1903, build 18362.418

Both of these apps are rented by Splice. I don't think this affects anything but I thought it would be worth mentioning.

3. After digging a little bit deeper, it appears that pigment's entire tempo sync is about 12% faster than the clock in studio one on all BPM settings. I learned this by setting up a 2 bar loop with a pigments arp preset and a 4 on the floor kick drum. The arp consistently finishes a full beat ahead of the kick after two bars. This pattern holds after testing on a 1 bar loop and a 4 bar look, the discrepancy is a half-beat and two beats respectively. I tested this on a patch with lots of vibrato created from an LFO with the same result, so it looks like this problem is affecting the entire plugin, not just the sequencer.

4. I conducted the same tests with my other softsynth, ANA 2, and Studio One's stock polyphonic analog synth, Mai Tai. Both worked perfectly fine, so this issue seems to be isolated to pigments.

5. As mentioned earlier, the problem persists when I use a kick to compare the recording.

6. Quite the contrary actually! The problem instantly vanishes once the track is rendered to audio, and the arp plays perfectly in time with the kick. This only seems to be an issue when triggering pigments in the DAW.

7. The problem actually seems to go away when played outside of the first bar. Afterward, if I move the sequence to the first bar, the problem stays absent. This is great news but I have no idea why that is the case.

8. This issue occurs with or without a loop.

Thank you so much for your help! I look forward to hearing from you soon.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2019, 01:35:58 pm »
I wonder which settings you have set for your Audio device and for Studio Ones so called Dropout Protection system?
What happens if you uncheck/ disable the "Enable low latency monitoring for instruments" in the Dropout Protection, and perhaps after that set the Dropout Protection to "Minimum"?

I suggest you do this, and in generel i also suggest you start your songs at in example bar two.

I think this issue might have to do with Studio One. I'm not a fan of the dropout protection system.
I 'm on Studio One 3.5.6. The latest Studio One 3.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 01:41:06 pm by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines