March 28, 2024, 09:13:56 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Show the "Value Difference" as Default Behavior when Editing  (Read 4213 times)

creativespiral

• Apprentice
Show the "Value Difference" as Default Behavior when Editing
« on: November 01, 2019, 11:27:14 pm »
Currently, you have to HOLD PRESET button while turning a knob/fader to see how the current edit differs from the saved value for the preset.   This is very inconvenient because it requires using both hands.   

It should be default behavior that whenever you change the value of a knob or fader that the display automatically shows you the difference in values or the "-P-", so you can efficiently edit patches while playing them with your other hand.   

As-is the display just shows static info (the current preset selected)... that static info is not needed in most cases...  the difference value of last edited parameter is much more important information.   It could either switch back to preset number after a couple seconds, or just always have the numeric display show the last value difference, and change it so holding the preset button down will show you what your current patch number is.

This would improve the live editing experience.

PolyBrute Fundamentals Sound Set:
https://sounddesign.sellfy.store/p/polybrute-fundamentals-sound-set/

My Free Patches for PolyBrute and Other Synths
https://www.presetpatch.com/user/CreativeSpiral

STM

• Apprentice
Re: Show the "Value Difference" as Default Behavior when Editing
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2019, 10:37:53 pm »
Good idea! I'd like to have that as an option.

PES

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2019, 08:52:02 pm »
I agree with this!

Germano

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2019, 07:52:45 am »
+1

dominion1

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2020, 05:47:19 pm »
+1

mkoch

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2020, 10:28:18 pm »
+ 1

SingleCell

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2020, 08:35:20 am »
I like it!   +1

Sofine

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2020, 08:44:35 am »
+1

AERO2004

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2020, 05:49:30 pm »
+1

Processaurus

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2020, 08:21:28 am »
I agree, something like this would be ideal for editing presets, but there is one issue with having it be like this permanently- as is, the hold preset and turn knob to show the current knob position vs the preset position, also acts as a clutch: the sound doesn’t change while you get the knob back into the preset position.  Sometimes you don’t care what the preset setting was, you want the knob setting.

Some kind of latch for the preset value could solve the problem of having to hold the preset button down forever while you are setting the knobs to the preset. Or have the OP’s idea, of it being permanent behavior, only be like that when the pot behavior is set to “Hook” mode, where the sound doesn’t change until the pot move through the position the preset is at. Be great to know if you’ve “hooked” the pot yet. “Jump” mode is my preferred mode, I would want that to keep working the same- you touch a knob, you know that is where the sound is at now.

Brutefactor

• Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2020, 03:42:31 am »
This should be a configurable option. It makes most sense that when a knob is turned, a display will show the current value together with some indicator towards the stored value (or the offset to the stored value). Two hands should not be required - for multiple reasons!
Always showing the current preset number is useless.

knasser

• Apprentice
    • Synth Rev
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2020, 05:59:56 pm »
Looks like this feature is implemented, page 18 of the manual (page 23 of the PDF)

"PRESET+[Knobs,Sliders]-Shows the offset between the preset value and the current position of the Knob or Slider on the Preset display. A negative value on the display means that the Knob or Slider position is lower that the preset value. A positive value means that it is higher than the preset value."
Please visit my page at https://www.synthrev.com/synths/arturia-matrixbrute.html and post a review. Thanks!

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2020, 07:01:06 pm »
Looks like this feature is implemented, page 18 of the manual (page 23 of the PDF)...
Yes, that's what the Op is talking about. What we all want is for this to be a one handed feature, not one that requires two hands to operate.

knasser

• Apprentice
    • Synth Rev
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2020, 07:29:02 pm »
Sorry, got excited to contribute. Yes that would be a good feature. I'm sure a firmware update would allow to latch/unlatch the PRESET button.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 07:34:43 pm by knasser »
Please visit my page at https://www.synthrev.com/synths/arturia-matrixbrute.html and post a review. Thanks!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines