March 28, 2024, 11:36:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Blinking/Flashing Octave Buttons  (Read 4448 times)

moonlightfiasco

Blinking/Flashing Octave Buttons
« on: October 30, 2019, 09:32:12 pm »
Recently purchased the Minilab MKII after previously owning and selling the first version many moons ago (this newer version has far superior build quality, so props there Arturia), however, the blinking lights on the octave up and down buttons...what were you thinking!? I know I'm not alone in being irritated by this as I've seen other threads complaining about it.

I can think of two pretty simple solutions to this that saves owners having to (as others have suggested like it's a valid fix) put stickers/tape over the buttons:

1. Give us the option to disable the feature altogether, this surely is the easiest and wouldn't be that hard to add to a firmware update.
2. For users who still want some form of indication of the octave +/- being in use, have the buttons start out dim and get brighter every time you go up or down an octave (but not blink!).

C'mon Team Arturia, you've spent years releasing ambitious software and hardware, let us turn off some damn LEDs  ;D

blevy009

Re: Blinking/Flashing Octave Buttons
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 09:33:31 pm »
Surprised not to see more comments on this topic??

I just sent a message to Arturia Support asking, How do you turn off the flashing Oct- / Oct+  ??

Very distracting!!

I used 4 layers of masking tape as the lights are so bright...

fato

Re: Blinking/Flashing Octave Buttons
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2020, 11:10:53 pm »
I posted this on the keylab section of the forum but will summarize here.
I have a 2 year old Minilab mk2.
I opened up the unit and clipped off the octave button led's from the PCB.
rebuilt unit and breathed a sweet sigh of relief.

- straight forwards teardown and rebuild - i.e. all screw and plugs. no desolder. But you do have to basically take all the main parts out to expose the led's
- the led/s are quite fragile. I was going to desolder but they just shattered when gripped with pliers.
- unit works exactly as before save for the blinking octave buttons. That is, the octave buttons still raise/lower the octave but do not blink.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines