April 19, 2024, 04:03:11 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: when play synths one keys are excluding others/previous  (Read 1444 times)

wlodekm

when play synths one keys are excluding others/previous
« on: October 30, 2019, 11:25:45 am »
HI All,
I am glad to be new joiner here. I just bought my Arturia Keylab Essentials. Installed all the software and drivers and I have a problem when playing in all my sound programs MainStage3, Garageband etc.

When I play piano or other sounds that over time disappears even if I keep the key pushed I cannot feel that trouble.
All the keys are played.

but

When I play synths or other continuously lasting sounds I hear that:
- when I push a 4 notes chord I can hear only one
- when I have some keys pushed and then push another one I hear that the others are disappearing immediately.

It makes imposible to play any synths as it disallow to play more than 2 or 3 keys at once (but it is not exact number as sometimes it allows more)

I don\t have that problem when connecting my Electric piano at all but with Arturia it just does not work.

I have bought AC adaptor to make it powered but it didn't help.
I have installed newest firmware... and nothing

I have no idea what is going wrong. Could you help me with that problem.

In Midi Controk Center of Arturia I see that all keys are being pushed.

LBH

Re: when play synths one keys are excluding others/previous
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2019, 12:49:06 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

The number of notes you can use for a certain sound is set within the application that produce the sound. So the number of note you can play, depend on that setting. Some sounds is even one note sounds. That's normal, and a part of the sound. Hardware synths also have this limitations. You can only play one note on a mono synth.
Can this be what's going on?
It look like it, as you say many notes play when you use piano sounds. Piano and Organ sounds can often play many notes.

There ca be many reasons why you can't use many notes, or the notes has been limited in a presets design.
One reason is that each playing note require CPU power.

wlodekm

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2019, 03:33:41 pm »
Hi||Thank you for your answer.

I think that there must be something else.
I am connecting Casio electric piano as a midi controller and with the same sounds/programs/ setup it plays all the notes.
I cannot confirm that this would be the issue.

Could you point on something else please?

LBH

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2019, 03:58:13 pm »
That's strange.

Can you please give informations about an Arturia application and a factory sound (name of the preset) where you have this behavior? Please let it be one where your Casio play more notes than your Arturia controller. Then i can test using that sound here, and see what i can come up with.

gphantom

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2019, 01:34:51 pm »
Based on your first post, if I'm reading this correctly....
* Piano sounds do disappear after a few seconds since pianos use wires that are struck with a hammer (like a bell)
  You can use the sustain pedal, play and release a note which will disappear after a few seconds.

* Synthsizers come in two flavors:  Monosynth and Polysynth.
  Mono synths, like the Moog Modular is typically a MONO synth (though Arturia added a Poly setting)  Mono Synths can only play one key at a time.  There are also two types of MONO synths, one of which will allow a lower key to override the one being pressed and the other type allows an upper key to override the note being pressed.
    POLY synths are like pianos so that you can press more than one key at a time.  Those are usually digital synthesizers (as compared to the Moog which use dedicated transistors and are analog.)  Arturia added a POLY setting to the Modular V synth which expands the types of sounds you can play.

*  Electric pianos (in most cases) will continue to play one or more notes as long as you press the keys because they use electronics to do this (some with tuning forks wrapped in wiring) where as standard pianos use mechanics parts.

If the casio plays all keys at the same time, it is possible that it's sending continuous midi signals (like a sequencer) which constantly activates a set of keys in the presets.

If this isn't what you were refering to then.......  NEVER MIND - DISREGARD THIS POST.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 01:36:53 pm by gphantom »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines