April 19, 2024, 11:56:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Questions - Using Spark 2 + SparkLE into Live Set (Ableton)  (Read 2608 times)

lukas_trips

Questions - Using Spark 2 + SparkLE into Live Set (Ableton)
« on: October 30, 2019, 01:13:40 am »
Hello Arturia community, my partner and I have a questions related to Spark 2 + SparkLE usage into a continue Techno Live Set sequenced with Ableton Live.

For the moment, we have been included a MIDI track with VST Spark 2 that trigger the desired Spark sounds Pattern when we change the Ableton scene. This behaviour allow to us to change the programmed sequences in Spark 2 and use all the features and controls bring by SparkLE.

This works fine if you use just one sounds preset. However, for a one hour live set, we would like to use different sounds presets in different moments.

So, the questions are:

1 - It’s possible to change the current Spark 2 sound preset through Ableton Live.
2 - If we change the current Spark 2 sound preset manually, the current execution break and take a few seconds to load the next one. Do you have any recommendation or workaround to avoid this behaviour?

What are your experiences/recommendations using Spark 2 + SparkLE in a continue Live Set with different sounds presets?

Thank you very much in advance, any suggestion will be welcome

HammerOn

Re: Questions - Using Spark 2 + SparkLE into Live Set (Ableton)
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2020, 04:48:57 pm »
Hi, I would just load an extra VST in a separate midichannel, so twice, so you can change the groove on the fly without interval. in this way you can change back and forth and mute the channel that is not supposed to be active and change the not active to aother preset..

FraIso

• Apprentice
Re: Questions - Using Spark 2 + SparkLE into Live Set (Ableton)
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2020, 06:09:46 pm »
This is a nice strategy, but which VST will the sparkLE control? only the one with rec armed or both (I mean, if I mute the first sample on the hardware, will be muted on both vst?)? The solution is to try it, but I'm at work and cannot wait to be home tonight to try it :)

Another solution may be to register a short audio clip with a drum break or whatever you want, that will be in the scene between the scene with midi clip of first preset and the second one. So you can change the preset while an audio clip with drums is playing. Or make a short drum midi clip using the ableton drum rack instrument and some drum samples.

You can also make presets with 2 kicks, 2 snares, 2 closed hihat, 2 open hihat, 2 ride, 2 crash, 4 percussion or claps or other stuffs. by mixing them you can get a lot of different combination. I usually have a drum rack instrument in ableton in which I put other things like sound efx, loops, vocals and so on, so I can focus the sparkLE on real drums.

Bye!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines