March 28, 2024, 06:21:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Solder pads on touchstrips  (Read 760 times)

Sawyermonk

Solder pads on touchstrips
« on: October 28, 2019, 02:55:17 am »
Hi, all. I'm modifying a Keystep and I'm hoping to find a breakout for the tiny touchstrips so I can use long soft pots instead. Are these solder pads on the touchtrip pcb the means of doing so? If so, can someone tell me *how*? I have tried multiple combinations and no success. Thanks!
--s

gphantom

Re: Solder pads on touchstrips
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2019, 03:24:39 am »
I wouldn't touch those.  The strips are probably capacitive strips and requires electronics to read them.  If you use a pot instead, you might fry the entire strip section.

Sawyermonk

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2019, 04:00:26 am »
I figured I was in over my head, but I haven't fried it yet. Yet ;-) ... but what about adding a different capacitive strip/sensor/whatever --- is there a way to figure out what these points are to do that?

gphantom

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2019, 09:29:47 pm »
You would have to reverse engineer the electronics to determine what it is and what it does.  If there's a chip and the number is still on it, you could check it out online in order to help you figure out what it is and how to modify it.  Maybe there's something printed on the strip that might identify it and also find the specs on it.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines