March 29, 2024, 04:28:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: [Solved] Windows 10 // Drive Failed Unable to reinstall Software Instruments  (Read 2409 times)

Klaas tom Dieck

• Apprentice
The Drivem where I installed all my Arturia Software Instruments that came with my Keylab 88, failed. The ASC still sees alle the Instruments as installed. The Windows Program Manager can't find a single supposedly installed Instrument. I've already tried CCleaner to clean the registry but that didn't help.
I'd be open to any suggestions and help  :).
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 07:26:28 pm by Klaas tom Dieck »

LBH

Re: Windows 10 // Drive Failed Unable to reinstall Software Instruments
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2019, 10:19:36 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

What do you you by "drive failed"? How? Is it just about, you can't see the programs?
Is it your C drive?
Have you made a default install? Which instruments have you installed?
If you can use Arturia Software Center, then something apparantly work, so the drive does'nt seem to fail.

If you by Program manager mean Task manger, then only running  programs can be seen there.
Can you see any of the instruments in Windows Control Panel, or in Windows Settings app under Apps?

Please keep in mind that you have to open instruments to use them.
Have you read the manuals for your controller and your instruments? I suggest and recommend you do. Especially if you are new to this.

EDIT: Btw - there might a uninstaller in the program folders, if you need it. All Arturias instruments have one i believe.
And you can uinstall through ASC. EDIT END
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 11:39:52 pm by LBH »

Klaas tom Dieck

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2019, 04:59:20 pm »
I installed all my VST Plugins on a separate drive(D:). This Drive failed completely, all the data is lost or corrupted.
But I installed ASC on my main C: Drive. I can't find an option to uninstall any of the software in ASC.
The only "installed" Software is are the instruments that come with the Keylab 88, Analog Lab 4, Piano V and Piano V2.

With Program Manager I meant "Programs and Features", which gave the error that it can't find the specified path to the uninstaller.

The specified path does not exist

The Path to the Uninstaller was on the drive that Failed
The ASC still sees the Instruments as installed, but windows doesn't

EDIT: Windows doesn't see them as installed as CCleaner removed them as installed software from the registry. I thought this would solve the problem, but it seems that ASC and Windows don't have the same Problem
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 05:02:23 pm by Klaas tom Dieck »

LBH

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2019, 06:53:55 pm »
I don't think this has anything to do with ASC and Arturia products. With the availble informations it does'nt look like it has.

The specified path does not exist
The uninstaller is installed where the standalone application is installed. That's not the same as the VST. So it look like you also have changed the install path for the standalone application, and installed that in a folder you have named. Or how else do you get this path? Why have you done that? And have you set the same path for VST2 plugins?
Use separate paths.

Are you sure the external drive have failed - like in is broken, and that it's not just because the drive letter has changed? I suggest you check that.

If you can't access the external drive in any way, then perhaps you can try to download and install the software again. But this time install everything on the C drive. Then perhaps you can try to uninstall, and that might remove the old installs too from the registry, so it's a s clean as possible. And then install the software yet again on the C drive.
I would try this myself, but i can't tell, if it will work. If not, then you need PC support.
You can download the installers from Arturias website, if you don't have them allready: https://www.arturia.com/support/updates&manuals

I see no reason to install any of the instruments on other drives than the C drive. I suggest you use that. You don't save much disk space using an external drive. It's not huge sample libraries you install. And lot's of stuff including VST3s and presets and more will be installed on the C drive anyway. You just make things more complicated installing the programs on other drives than the C drive. Only do so, if you know excactly how to handle that.

In ASC, when you click an instrument on the home page, then the instrument page open, and in there you can find a green uninstall button down the page to the right. But again, as you have path issues, then it can't find the uninstaller.

Are you new in working with music applications? Do you have and use other music software? If so - is that software installed on a external drive?

BTW: There should be no need to use CCleaner. Unless you know excactly what it remove, then i suggest you don't use it.
One should be careful, when messing with the registry.
Using windows own tools to maintain the system should normally be enough.
CCleaner can't remove software it can't find either. And if you only have used it to clear registry files, then it should'nt do that for installed programs unless you tell it to do so. It would remove the registries then, but not all other files.

Klaas tom Dieck

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2019, 07:26:11 pm »
Manual downloading the Installers fixed the problem. After installing them manually the option to uninstall them appeared in the ASC.
Hopefully installing the Instruments on my main drive will save me trouble if this happens again.

The Drive was an not an external drive, just a seperate one in my System. I mainly used it for all my Plugins, Sound Libaries und Projects.
All the Projects are sadly lost, I have already sent the drive to a recovery technician and recovery seems impossible.
The magnets responsible for write/reading data malfunctioned, corrupting all the data.

I used CCleaner to remove registry files for all the programs I installed on my D: drive as many of the "supposedly" installed programs gave me trouble reinstalling.
Only Arturia Instruments had this weird bug. I didn't know Arturia offered installers for single Instruments instead installion only through ASC.

So Problem solved now!
Thanks for your support and patience.

LBH

Your welcome.

Good if it worked.

But again, i can't see this has anything to do with Arturias products.
The problem, was your drive issues, and the fact, that you had installed the applications an the D drive that failed and not the C drive, so you could'nt get to the uninstaller.

Things like this happens. I'm sorry if you loose your files. I think it's odd, if nothing can be recovered.
We all can learn to do backups, when something like this happens. But i would think the data is on the disk, so they should be availble, but perhaps in a way, that's not easy and perhaps exspensive to do.

Good luck with everything.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines