April 26, 2024, 08:16:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Need some help, sound issues  (Read 1001 times)

sgtsaltandpepper

Need some help, sound issues
« on: October 23, 2019, 08:53:12 pm »
I purchased an Arturia Keylab Essential 49 Midi Keyboard and I use a usb extension cable to make it reach from the computer to the keyboard. When I plug in headphones and play I get this crackly sound when I hit the keys sometimes more so when I hit the keys harder. At first I thought it was my headphones so I got another pair but it still happens. Could it be my computer or the usb cable doing something? Not sure where to post this but if anyone could help or direct me to where I could get help I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: Need some help, sound issues
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2019, 12:54:47 pm »
Crackly sound makes me think you are having buffering issues. Perhaps the software you're using it with will allow you to increase the buffer size?
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

gphantom

Re: Need some help, sound issues
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2019, 03:27:49 am »
Another possibility is if you're using a USB Hub, which is not recommended.  Another problem might be the USB cables which might be cheap and not making contact properly.  I'd try using the USB cable that came with it without any extension to see if that helps.  If not, you might have a problem with the USB drivers, circuits or the sound card.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines