April 26, 2024, 11:27:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keystep arpieggiator / sequencer with Korg Volca  (Read 1674 times)

Akarl

• Apprentice
Keystep arpieggiator / sequencer with Korg Volca
« on: October 22, 2019, 12:41:57 pm »
Hi there,

I just purchased my Keystep few month ago in order to control my volcas but I have some issues. I can control my volcas, playing notes but I can't use the arpeggiator and the sequencer of my Keystep. Nothing happened when I record a sequence and press play.

I've already check the midi channel and it matches. Is there another thing I have to set in (the Midi Control center for example) ?

I've been looking for an answer and it appears that nobody reported that kind of issue. If someone has the solution, it would be so nice.

Thanks guys :)

still-young

• Apprentice
Re: Keystep arpieggiator / sequencer with Korg Volca
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2019, 11:36:15 am »
Sorry, I cant answer this, I'm having a similar problem with my Keystep and my Bass Station 2.

The dip switches are set to internal, and the midi out to the midi in on the bass station. I can play notes with the keyboard, but the sequencer and arpeggiator don't do anything. I got the Keystep to use on my incoming Peak, and am just trying to check it works properly before the Peak arrives.

Akarl

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2019, 01:50:59 pm »
Thanks for sharing. I have exactly the same problem.
I was at a concert of Jojo Mayer and Nerve last night. The guy used to play a Dave smith Prophet Synth but he replaced it with a Novation Peak, sounded amazing. Have fun with it.

still-young

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2019, 03:56:55 pm »
You know what, i think I've just figured it out. I need to check it when I get home but I think I've been reading the dipswitch diagrams in reverse to what they actually are (with the darker squares on the diagram as the switch positions, where as the white squares actually show the switch positions...) Looking at this https://www.arturia.com/faq/keystep/how-to-select-a-master-clock-source-on-my-keystep I'm pretty sure I had both switches up thinking it was on internal.

If it is that, I feel rather silly...
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 03:58:27 pm by still-young »

still-young

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2019, 04:59:24 pm »
That is indeed exactly what I had done.

Akarl

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2019, 05:04:58 pm »
Indeed it was all about that...

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2019, 02:49:58 am »
Hahahaha, I don't mean to laugh but I can't help but do so as I remember doing the same thing and pulling my hair.  In the end I thought the chart must be inverted and reversed what I thought were the on and off positions! 8)
Other things to remember when using Volca's are to tell the Volca to received MIDI Short Messages (as Korg calls them) and Internal Sync (if you don't want them to start their internal sequencers whenever you hit play on the KeyStep).
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines