April 26, 2024, 08:52:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: introduce some little subtile variations like with real original analog synth ?  (Read 965 times)

cslevine

• Apprentice
Hello Arturia world !

what about the idea, after done so realistic emulations of real synthetizers,
introduice some new very hidden parameters, like as someone can open the synth box, and view all alectronical board with chips...
and, on some chips, having a variation parameter, wich should act as some veriability of componant quality, for example like humidity, warm, for some condensers...
and so that, could happen to behave like an old analog synth ?... or erset on Arturia default.
Then, of course, having the choice of saving this as part of a sound patch preset with an extension,
or having this saved apart, and applyed with all presets....  ( and debugged, tested, so that this is stable )

i never owned myself an real analog synth.
i play onde Martenot.
This... wow... what about making virtual onde Martenot ?
There are differents models, from 1928. With light, -> 1955, then with transistors 1975...

This should be interesting, because this year, the real onde Martenot is coming with some first MIDI IMPLEMENTATIONS.
Not full implemented at this time ( not yet the full ruban is well in MIDI ), work in progress... but Arturia should be connected with manufacturers, in USA and France, my father taking real part in the manufacture, and electronical shemas.

But in first :
what about having the natural variations founded by some analod synth owners, one MINIMOOG not sounding exactly the same that it's neighbourg bought years after or elsewhere ?

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
Some of the synths have user modifiable settings like this, but not all. Several include oscillator drift and other analog circuit variation that isn't user modifiable.
Honestly tho, going all the way to chips is a bit much, don't you think?  :P
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 09:26:09 pm by artao »
This space left intentionally blank.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines