March 28, 2024, 08:23:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Beginner: Question about DO and DON'Ts - avoiding damage.  (Read 2544 times)

Stephan_M

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Beginner: Question about DO and DON'Ts - avoiding damage.
« on: January 08, 2017, 02:55:07 pm »
Hi,

i've got mine for a few days and i don't know much.

Is there anything that i shouldn't do for experimentation? Can i safely connect the output to the input or create ANY other kind of feedback loop? Can i connect my smartphone headphone out to any input? Can i connect any audio signal to Gate or CV IN ? etc etc.
How could i damage the microbrute?

Thx for any pointers.
Stephan

gegatron

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Beginner: Question about DO and DON'Ts - avoiding damage.
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 07:17:30 pm »
Yes please. I have gotten the Brute as well just recently, and Beatstep. Connecting to Ableton via my computer sound card. Can someone please inform us if there is connections we should avoid? Like can I plug Line Out from soundcard into one of the Mod Matrix slots? I think is a NO, IT WONT WORK answer, but just giving an example. Thanks in advance!

fallenturtle

• Apprentice
Re: Beginner: Question about DO and DON'Ts - avoiding damage.
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2019, 07:01:53 pm »
Anyone ever figure this out... I got a second hand microbrute and was playing around with sending audio signals into the matrix inputs. Now I've noticed that going from the LFO to any of the inputs doesn't make a difference... I'm not sure if this was an issue before my audio experiments, so I'm wondering if it was broken all along or if I broke it. :(

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines