April 26, 2024, 01:25:55 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: V-collection 7 works with Logic Pro X, but not with MainStage 3  (Read 1402 times)

Soundbyte

V-collection 7 works with Logic Pro X, but not with MainStage 3
« on: October 15, 2019, 11:29:54 pm »
I recently installed V-Collection 7 and everything works fine when I use Locic Pro X, but I cannot find any of the plugins when using MainStage 3. The Component Packages for all the plugins are in the LIBRARY/AUDIO/PLUG-INS/COMPONENTS folder. All of the instruments can be found in the Plug-in Manager, and I've done successful RESET & RESCAN on all, but MainStage still refuses to recognize them.

Is there something I'm missing here? I thought MainStage was an extension of Logic, but none of these instruments show up in USER PATCHES, yet Logic has no problem playing nice with them.

Mac mini 2018, 3.2GHz 6-core Intel Core i7, 64gig RAM

Soundbyte

Re: V-collection 7 works with Logic Pro X, but not with MainStage 3
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 05:28:15 pm »
I figured it out!

It would seem that Logic and MainStage have different ways of adding an instrument to a project. In Logic, when you add a new instrument track, you have an option of choosing the instrument. However, with MainStage, this option is not available. You need to create the instrument channel first, then select the input instrument from the channel strip. I was looking in the FX plugin list, instead of the Instrument list. My bad, but Apple sure has a way of making things convoluted. It’s as if the Logic and MainStage developers are two different teams that don’t share.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines