March 28, 2024, 07:54:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Cubase - DAW Command Center problem  (Read 2580 times)

Jimmy64

Cubase - DAW Command Center problem
« on: October 09, 2019, 04:22:09 pm »
Background:
I have set up my Keylab Essential 61 keyboard and Analog Lab 4 in Cubase Artist 9. It is mostly working fine. I can access the full set of sounds and record them in Cubase.
The problem is in trying to use the Keylab DAW Command Center buttons while working in Cubase.
Any help much appreciated!

Problems:
1. Some of the Transport buttons on the Keylab work but some don't. Pressing the Play button does trigger play in Cubase but the pause functionality does not work. The forward/back buttons, Record, Stop, Save and the Undo buttons work but the Metro button does not.
2. At the same time, the keyboard is generating midi signals even when i am not touching anything. I can see MIDI input activity in Cubase and in the Analog 4 interface (a little orange dot flashing top left). At the moment I have the Berliner preset loaded and the keyboard screen is alternating between the "Clear: All sounds" and "P1 Gain Mixer3: 1.00". It is not possible to browse through sounds on the keyboard because of this. I have to select sounds through the Analog Lab VST.

What I have done so far:
In the Midi Controller Center>Device Settings>DAW Mode I have selected HUI
In Cubase>Devices>Device Setup I have added "Mackie HUI" as a device (it shows up under Remote Devices)
Then in the Mackie HUI section, I have selected MIDIIN (Arturia Keylab Essential) for the MIDI Input, and the equivalent for the MIDI Output. (Please note that I have two options which mention Keylab in the dropdown - see screenshot. I tried the other ones but the transport panel would not work at all with those).

My set up:
Keylab Essential 61
Analog Lab 4
Cubase Artist 9.0
Windows 10

Many thanks!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 04:30:53 pm by Jimmy64 »

MattGreer

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Cubase - DAW Command Center problem
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2020, 07:58:51 pm »
Were you able to resolve your issues?  I'm having problems with the Keylab 61 mkII myself.

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2020, 08:26:39 pm »
Hi try to add mackie control and add these to the list   i have a keylab mk2  but it should be the same. i use the full version of cubase so not sure if you can add mackie control or not.
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Mike Warren

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2020, 11:40:25 am »
I hope it's okay to post in this thread rather than staring a new one.

I purchased a Keylab 49 Essential today and am trying t get it to work with Cubase 10.5

None of the DAW Command Center buttons do anything in Cubase.

* I set the DAW Mode to HUI and added Mackie HUI to Remote devices in Studio Setup as described here: https://www.arturia.com/faq/keylabessential/keylab-essential-tips-tricks
* I have updated the firmware to 1.1.6.
* Map Select is set to DAW.
* I see the MIDI Input activity indicator in Cubase flash whenever I press a transport button.
* The MIDI Output activity indicator pulses approximately every second or so.
* MIDI works. I can play notes and controllers into Cubase and record them.
* If I add an instance of Analog Lab to my Cubase project and switch the Keylab map to "Analog Lab" I can control the plugin... mostly. There is one problem: All of the faders work properly and the first 5 knobs work correctly, but the last 4 rotary knobs either don't work or adjust the wrong software control. Exactly what happens depends on the preset I've selected.
* Finally, the last odd thing I've observed is that pad 7 on the Keylab lightws up a pale blue when I start Cubase.

I have also tried what Terrym posted above, but still no response from any transport controls.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Mike Warren

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2020, 11:50:16 am »
* If I add an instance of Analog Lab to my Cubase project and switch the Keylab map to "Analog Lab" I can control the plugin... mostly. There is one problem: All of the faders work properly and the first 5 knobs work correctly, but the last 4 rotary knobs either don't work or adjust the wrong software control. Exactly what happens depends on the preset I've selected.

To add to this, if I run the stand alone version of Analog Lab all the controls behave correctly.

Mike Warren

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2020, 11:58:48 am »
None of the DAW Command Center buttons do anything in Cubase.

OK, I've solved this one. I had selected "Arturia Keylab Essential 49" as the MIDI input and output devices instead of "MIDIIN2 (Arturia Keylab Essential 49"

That's got all the DAW Command Center buttons except the metronome working, but the other weird things are still happening.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines