April 20, 2024, 04:36:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Reset synced LFO’s on midi start message  (Read 1216 times)

Processaurus

Reset synced LFO’s on midi start message
« on: October 06, 2019, 12:28:10 am »
Coming from pre-midi analog synths to the Matrixbrute, one of the selling points was tempo synced LFO’s, for tight, tempo synced effects and chops, that are difficult/problematic on synths with free running lfo’s.  Once you are ready to record, and are set up with a daw, it would be great if the Matrixbrute could reset its tempo synced LFO’s phase when the matrixbrute is slaved to external clock, like a DAW, so that the LFO phase is the same each time the song plays. The way it is now, it seems like the lfo follows the tempo, but the phase runs free/continuously, I’ve had a very hard time trying to listen and start the daw at the right instant to record tight, rhythmic lfo’s that start on the beat. If it could follow song position pointer, that would let you start your daw whenever on the timeline, and get consistent LFO phase, even if you didn’t start at the top of the measure.   

Thanks for listening!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 12:36:52 am by Processaurus »

HUBA

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Reset synced LFO’s on midi start message
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2019, 11:56:02 pm »
This should have been standard option with all MIDI syncable LFOs. Like the last 25 years at least.

Have no idea if it's relatable to the possibility of implementing reset on MIDI start message, but one of my requests for the update was triggers to be placed at any place of choice in a sequence for restarting LFO phase and envelopes, and I was told by technical support that my request had been discussed and that the answer was that it would not be possible.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines