March 29, 2024, 09:02:39 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: ARP2600 Voltage Processors  (Read 4040 times)

benimp

• Apprentice
ARP2600 Voltage Processors
« on: October 05, 2019, 03:06:59 pm »
Dear All,

As a relative newbie to the ARP2600, I'm struggling to understand what it is the voltage processors do, and what would be typical ways to use them. The manual doesn't give much insight, and the various tutorials on YouTube have left me somewhat confused too.

If anyone out there could give me a short description and examples in layman terms, I'd be forever grateful.

LBH

Re: ARP2600 Voltage Processors
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2019, 07:04:43 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

I attach some example presets. Just import the bank in your ARP and you'll find them in banks LBH VP. I have created the TYPE Tutorial too.
Read the Comments in each preset and try that out. Then you can hear the result for a better understanding - hopefully.

The MIX A/B slider mix the A and B input. The MOD IN modulate the slider according to the sliders position with the amount you set.
You can in example mix OSC wavedorms from the same or from 2 OSCs together.

The LINK switch link Voltage processors together.

The INVERTER (Arrow knob) invert the output signal.

The SMOOTH/ LAG knob do just that. (When used with example a audioble waveform, then this have a huge impact on the smallest amount.)
You can in example shape a OSC waveform, a Envelope curve and so on.

I suggest you exsperiment.
What you can use this for is much about your imagination. I only show some examples.

I hope this text and the attached presets helps to understand the Voltage Processors.

BTW: This is also an example i have posted in the old forum. See post 2 in the thread: https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=92821.msg151714#new

EDIT: BTW: If you find the original hardware ARP 2600 manual on the web, then you can get more informations. I attach a page about this topic. EDIT END
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 10:17:29 pm by LBH »

benimp

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2019, 04:39:39 am »
Thank you so much LBH - really appreciate your time and help with this. Will be checking out your presets today.

JKFlashico

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2020, 02:22:20 pm »
Thanks for your sharing LBH :) Now I understand much better, how this processor work.

LBH

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2020, 04:42:50 pm »
Thanks for your sharing LBH :) Now I understand much better, how this processor work.
Your welcome. Thanks.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines