October 19, 2019, 08:42:03 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Freak doesn´t like Theremins  (Read 97 times)

spacesoul

Freak doesn´t like Theremins
« on: October 04, 2019, 03:35:45 pm »
Hi!
I recently bought a Microfreak which I really like.

But unfortunately I had problems with the internal keyboard:
Some of the keys didn´t trigger properly, sometimes they did, mostly not. I tried the Freak´s power supply, power via usb and even a battery pack via usb. It took me some time to figure out that there was a conflict between the Freak and my Moog Etherwave Theremin. As soon as I switched off the Theremin the Microfreak´s keyboard functioned correctly. The distance between the Freak and the Theremin is about two meters. A Theremin functions by the principle of a capacitive distance sensor, also the Microfreak´s keyboard works with capacivity. In the studio I could perhaps live with this interference but it really would be a problem for me to use both in a live context which of course I planned to do.

Is there any solution for this? I never had any similar problems with other gear in combination with my Theremin. I think there is no way to solve that via firmware update of the Freak, or am I wrong? Help would be highly appreciated!

« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 03:37:35 pm by spacesoul »

Sternklang

Re: Freak doesn´t like Theremins
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2019, 05:57:23 pm »
WOW! Thank you for posting this. I can also confirm that The Theremine affects the Microfreak. I have been struggling with my MF for days now, I seriously thought there was a problem with the keyboard, or internal settings in my MIDI routings. Spent Hours on troubleshooting,Finally I searched the web, and I find this message! Posted yesterday. OK, so I turned off the Etherwave, restarted the MF, and all is back to normal.

spacesoul

Re: Freak doesn´t like Theremins
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2019, 01:48:38 pm »
Glad that my post helped you to get on the right track, Sternklang!
Unfortunately the problem persists and it would be essential that somebody from Arturia would comment on that problem. In the studio I can just switch off the Theremin but of course not in a concert!
What should we do?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines