March 29, 2024, 10:51:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Remove Inverted Preset Keys  (Read 2687 times)

bpeterson1123

• Apprentice
Remove Inverted Preset Keys
« on: October 01, 2019, 03:10:48 pm »
New V-Collection user here.  In mapping the B3 V2 to my MIDI keyboard, I don't want the "inverted" first octace preset keys to be mapped.  In other words, I only want the regular white and black keys (that play actual notes) to trigger from my MIDI keyboard.  How do I remove or unmap the first octave preset keys on each manual?

LBH

Re: Remove Inverted Preset Keys
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2019, 04:47:27 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

You can't deactivate the preset keys in the B3V application, but perhaps in a split controller setup or something like that. Having presets keys on this octave is in it self authentic.

bpeterson1123

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2019, 03:42:36 pm »
Thank you for the reply and information. I am using V-Collection with Gig Performer 3 and two Studiologic MIDI controllers, so perhaps I can filter out the first octave. I will experiment and report back. My concern is that in live performance I will inadvertently try to "play" notes in the first octave, thereby changing the preset by mistake.

stickman393

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2019, 06:01:49 pm »

You can't deactivate the preset keys in the B3V application, but perhaps in a split controller setup or something like that. Having presets keys on this octave is in it self authentic.

Please add this as a feature request. It's too easy to wander into the inverted key range when windmilling or similar. I respect authenticity but only to a point. It makes the B3 plugin less likely to be used in a live environment, it's to easy to change the patch accidently

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines