April 25, 2024, 02:16:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: exporting and importing playlists -.playlist vs .alplaylist files  (Read 1741 times)

ianflitman

Moving my Collection 6 to another computer I exported the playlists from the old machine but I cannot import them as the versions I installed via the Arturia Software Center are expecting the .alplaylist file format whereas they were exported as .playlist files instead. Tried in vain to rename to the files to .alplaylist files but still no joy.

Is there a way to convert the file formats?

best
ian

LBH

Re: exporting and importing playlists -.playlist vs .alplaylist files
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2019, 09:27:29 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

Look at Songs under "What are Concerts, Songs and Presets?" on this FAQ page:
https://www.arturia.com/faq/analoglab/analog-lab-4-general-questions
Playlists are now songs and should have been packed as songs in a dedicated Concert called Analog Lab 3 Playlists. But this would need the old files being present when the applications was updated. Did'nt you have that when you updated on the old computer? If so you could copy those files to the new.
If you are on windows, then you find files like this in the hidden folder ProgramData.

I think you need to ask Arturia support thru your account on how to import or convert old exported playlists.

Best

marie_arturia

• Global Moderator
  • Apprentice
Re: exporting and importing playlists -.playlist vs .alplaylist files
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2019, 04:53:27 pm »
Hi,

It seems hat we've changed the extension to .alplaylist by mistake on individual instruments, removing the compatibility with the .playlist export.
We will fix that in a future version, but for now you should install the latest version on your old computer, then export the playlists.

Best,
Marie

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines