March 29, 2024, 11:11:09 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Sustain pedal refuses to act like a half-pedalling in Keylab 88 MK II  (Read 4622 times)

pax-eterna

• Apprentice
So I am using the Roland half-pedalling sustain pedal, but no matter what mode the Keylab 88 MK II is in, it ONLY works as a switching one. I ahve the sustain port set to be a continuous one but nothing seems to work....I noted elsewhere this used to be a bug? I have installed the latest firmware but this does not fix it either.

pax-eterna

• Apprentice
Re: Sustain pedal refuses to act like a half-pedalling in Keylab 88 MK II
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2019, 01:19:17 am »
No-one???

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2019, 01:02:07 pm »
I can't help you but I think you've just answered this guy's question

https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=95615.msg159173#msg159173

2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

LBH

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2019, 04:40:03 pm »
The question seems unanswered. There are different modes to use for the pedal, so that indicate different things should be possible. The question is what.
I would assume that the Pedal Control setting should work like a continous control if the pedal can work like that. Otherwise i see no differnce between the Pedal Control setting and the Switched setting. But i don't have a Arturia controller or the pedal you mention, so i can't tell.

Perhaps ask Arturia support.

pax-eterna

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2019, 05:41:36 am »
yep done that ***crickets***  so I have it set to be a continuous and it does not work. Well in user mode at least. Also a couple of other things, the sustain, in a split, can only be assigned to section one or two, NOT both - weird!! And further, again when in split, transpose is also unavailable.

Mine is going back. For a midi controller it has some cool tools, but some of it is just right back to the stoneage! It's a pity as I did like it :)

decredis

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2019, 03:31:38 pm »
Do I understand this rightly that the sustain port only takes switch input? But would a continuous sustain pedal be able to be used as continuous sustain by plugging it into one of the aux pedal inputs? Thanks,

LBH

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2019, 04:03:41 pm »
Do I understand this rightly that the sustain port only takes switch input? But would a continuous sustain pedal be able to be used as continuous sustain by plugging it into one of the aux pedal inputs? Thanks,
I assume the keyboards inputs work the same, but it has to be tested to be sure.
I would say it's a possibility, that the users in this thread have'nt tried that, or have'nt used the pedal in an application that have the pedal functionalty.

I don't know, if Arturias applications have this functionality. In example Piano V have 3 pedals, namely Sustain, Soft, and Sostenuto. I'm not sure the Sustain offer more than a on/ off switch in the application, and thus will not react to a continous controller.

I can only suggest to contact Arturia support directly through your account to be sure about this.

decredis

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2019, 04:30:37 pm »
Thanks, I’ll ask Arturia Support.

decredis

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2019, 02:08:54 pm »
I’ve spoken with Arturia support, they say some continuous sustains work with their device (eg Yamaha fc3a) and some don’t (eg Korg ds1-h) because of differences in how the pedals are wired internally. Can the OP confirm which Roland pedal you found wouldn’t work?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 12:13:37 am by decredis »

decredis

• Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2019, 03:06:08 pm »
For what it’s worth... I’ve not yet bought a dedicated continuous sustain pedal but I’ve found that the M Audio EX-P expression pedal, plugged into the KS88mkii’s sustain port, or any other pedal port, (and set up and stored as “control” type of pedal in the MCC) works absolutely fine as a continuous sustain, sending all the numbers from 0 to 127 and working nicely with, for example, Pianoteq.

Gobhoblin

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2021, 10:01:51 pm »
Did you ever get this thing working?

I have the same pedal and keyboard, but haven't used the combo in a while. Works exclusively as a toggle, even when set to control.

I could swear that it worked properly when I bought it.

jsbrockmusic

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2022, 07:09:13 pm »
I’ve spoken with Arturia support, they say some continuous sustains work with their device (eg Yamaha fc3a) and some don’t (eg Korg ds1-h) because of differences in how the pedals are wired internally. Can the OP confirm which Roland pedal you found wouldn’t work?

Thank you for doing the homework and speaking to support ahead of time, I bought a Yamaha FC3A. Hoping it works correctly :) Will update to confirm later...

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines