June 17, 2021, 06:44:03 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Sustain pedal refuses to act like a half-pedalling in Keylab 88 MK II  (Read 1326 times)

pax-eterna

• Apprentice
So I am using the Roland half-pedalling sustain pedal, but no matter what mode the Keylab 88 MK II is in, it ONLY works as a switching one. I ahve the sustain port set to be a continuous one but nothing seems to work....I noted elsewhere this used to be a bug? I have installed the latest firmware but this does not fix it either.

pax-eterna

• Apprentice
Re: Sustain pedal refuses to act like a half-pedalling in Keylab 88 MK II
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2019, 01:19:17 am »
No-one???

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2019, 01:02:07 pm »
I can't help you but I think you've just answered this guy's question

https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=95615.msg159173#msg159173

2011 iMac 27" MacOS 10.13 High Sierra ē 2012 MBP 13" Mojave ē V Collection 6 ē Analog Lab 4 + 5 ē KeyStep

LBH

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2019, 04:40:03 pm »
The question seems unanswered. There are different modes to use for the pedal, so that indicate different things should be possible. The question is what.
I would assume that the Pedal Control setting should work like a continous control if the pedal can work like that. Otherwise i see no differnce between the Pedal Control setting and the Switched setting. But i don't have a Arturia controller or the pedal you mention, so i can't tell.

Perhaps ask Arturia support.

pax-eterna

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2019, 05:41:36 am »
yep done that ***crickets***  so I have it set to be a continuous and it does not work. Well in user mode at least. Also a couple of other things, the sustain, in a split, can only be assigned to section one or two, NOT both - weird!! And further, again when in split, transpose is also unavailable.

Mine is going back. For a midi controller it has some cool tools, but some of it is just right back to the stoneage! It's a pity as I did like it :)

decredis

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2019, 03:31:38 pm »
Do I understand this rightly that the sustain port only takes switch input? But would a continuous sustain pedal be able to be used as continuous sustain by plugging it into one of the aux pedal inputs? Thanks,

LBH

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2019, 04:03:41 pm »
Do I understand this rightly that the sustain port only takes switch input? But would a continuous sustain pedal be able to be used as continuous sustain by plugging it into one of the aux pedal inputs? Thanks,
I assume the keyboards inputs work the same, but it has to be tested to be sure.
I would say it's a possibility, that the users in this thread have'nt tried that, or have'nt used the pedal in an application that have the pedal functionalty.

I don't know, if Arturias applications have this functionality. In example Piano V have 3 pedals, namely Sustain, Soft, and Sostenuto. I'm not sure the Sustain offer more than a on/ off switch in the application, and thus will not react to a continous controller.

I can only suggest to contact Arturia support directly through your account to be sure about this.

decredis

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2019, 04:30:37 pm »
Thanks, Iíll ask Arturia Support.

decredis

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2019, 02:08:54 pm »
Iíve spoken with Arturia support, they say some continuous sustains work with their device (eg Yamaha fc3a) and some donít (eg Korg ds1-h) because of differences in how the pedals are wired internally. Can the OP confirm which Roland pedal you found wouldnít work?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 12:13:37 am by decredis »

decredis

• Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2019, 03:06:08 pm »
For what itís worth... Iíve not yet bought a dedicated continuous sustain pedal but Iíve found that the M Audio EX-P expression pedal, plugged into the KS88mkiiís sustain port, or any other pedal port, (and set up and stored as ďcontrolĒ type of pedal in the MCC) works absolutely fine as a continuous sustain, sending all the numbers from 0 to 127 and working nicely with, for example, Pianoteq.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines