March 29, 2024, 08:15:54 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Cleaning the Synthesizer  (Read 2033 times)

Rickz

• Apprentice
Cleaning the Synthesizer
« on: July 09, 2019, 07:22:22 am »
 Dear members,

I have recently gotten my hands on a secondhand Matrixbrute that I am extremely happy with, yay! ;D
Unfortunately the previous owner was a smoker and some of the white buttons including the 256 matrix buttons have gotten a bit yellow because of that and I think I should try to clean that up.
Have any of you ever cleaned the device? Can you recommend me a method and tell me what to use to get that cleaned up.
Any advice is very welcome.
Thanks in advance, kind regards.

Lee Wilson

• Apprentice
Re: Cleaning the Synthesizer
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 09:36:45 am »
Take your matrixbrute out into the yard, chain it down so it doesn't escape, hose it down with cold water, making sure you get in-between all the buttons, let it shake itself dry, then just towel it down.

Lee Wilson

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 09:40:48 am »
But seriously . . .

For plastics warm soapy water is probably your best approach, you might want to remove all the knobs first before washing them.

joeman

• Apprentice
    • Musical Experiments
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2019, 11:03:15 am »
I am not a smoker and my Matrixbrute knobs are turning off colour too, a red/yellow colour. I am always sure to keep my hands clean before I touch any of my gear. I assume most people will have this happen to theirs as it gets older.
Experiencing a flow of temporal information now, and in anticipation, and in retrospect.

Rickz

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2019, 11:32:37 am »
Thanks guys, I thought maybe with 100% alcohol but if you guys clean it with soap, i'll give that a gentle try.
Thanks!

yeskeys

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2019, 06:32:18 pm »
I'd be a lot more worried about those gunky smoke molecules that have seeped inside the unit.

Good luck, hope you got a super nice price!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines