March 28, 2024, 03:34:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How to capture sequence presets as midi notes (Logic Pro)  (Read 1274 times)

kylestarr

How to capture sequence presets as midi notes (Logic Pro)
« on: September 16, 2019, 03:57:23 am »
I just purchased Analog Lab 4 and am fairly new to MIDI.

For arp “sequence” presets, is there a way to capture the arp as individual midi notes?

As far as I can tell, the Analog Lab plug-in repeats the arp endlessly (even without recording) and only captures the midi notes as a single chord after the recording has begun.

LBH

Re: How to capture sequence presets as midi notes (Logic Pro)
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 01:32:17 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

The applications does'nt write out MIDI notes.
You can record the audio in a DAW.

Keep in mind, that Analog Lab has sounds from many different applications. Sequences and Arpeggios is created in many different ways.
Many of the presets also use modulations. Modulation informations is not included in a midi note.

As far as i recall there is'nt any factory presets that just play unless you activate it one way or another.

You can ask about specific named factory presets.

As far as I can tell, the Analog Lab plug-in repeats the arp endlessly (even without recording) and only captures the midi notes as a single chord after the recording has begun.
I'm not sure i understand this. Can you please give a specific example.
If you mean you play some notes as a chord and then a arpeggio preset play the notes as an arpeggio, then that's correct behavior. A arpeggio use the notes you play.
If you in example record the chords you play and leave Analog Lab on the track, then you will hear the arpeggio play according to those chords during playback.
At a point you create audio out of your Analog lab arp/ seq track. (Some DAWs can create midi notes from audio, if you need this afterwards. There might be plugins that also can do this.)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines