March 28, 2024, 12:28:45 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: BSP and SP404  (Read 995 times)

momodig

• Apprentice
BSP and SP404
« on: September 14, 2019, 11:21:06 pm »
I’m using the drum sequence on the BSP.  I have the 404 and BSP communicating and playing the pads as it should.  My question is this though... with the BSP is it possible to play one pad on 404, b it hold that pad down? Kinda like a one shot?  I have a loop on the 404 I want to play.

Thanks

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: BSP and SP404
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2019, 04:43:11 am »
You can tie the note on the BSP up to 64 steps.  Program the note you have assigned the sample to into a Seq and tie it for the duration of the sample (using gate time to fine tune the length to ensure it doesn't cut the sample short).  Set the Seq last step to the number of steps that is the sample duration.  It will then retrigger almost as soon as it has played out, but depending on the sample length there may be a tiny bit of silence before it's retriggered although it will be less than a step.  Works great for drum loops, not so great for looping drones.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

momodig

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2019, 02:19:50 pm »
Thank you for the quick response.  Say the loop is 32 steps long.  I have the BSP pro to play PAD 1 on the SP404 by using PAD 1 on the BSP pro.  Do I need to fill all 32 steps one pad one and have each set to tie?  Or just fill in of the steps?  And set it to TIE

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2019, 12:56:15 pm »
You are welcome!
Do a quick tie.  Press and hold step 1, hit pad 1 on the BSP, then while still holding down step 1, advance the steps by pressing [>>] button and hit step 16.  That will tie all steps from 1 - 32.  Make sure you have set your sequence's last step to 32.
Like I mentioned before, your sample may not be *exactly* the full 32 steps in duration, so to address that, you can adjust the gate length of the last step (step 32) by swapping the knob mode to gate and having a twiddle to ensure it doesn't loop around and play the beginning of the sample again prematurely and then retrigger again when the sequence loops around to step 1 again.
I was going to add something else but was distracted for a bit and have now forgot what I was going to add!  It'll come to me when I go to bed more than likely  ;D
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

momodig

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2019, 07:55:09 pm »
This is kinda working, I have a single guitar chord, I want to ring... for 16 steps, than on 1 step start it, but it's not  it  only does it once, but the BSP won't play it again... how come?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 08:03:21 pm by momodig »

momodig

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2019, 08:19:50 pm »
OK I got it, just one thing, how do I know what step the BSP is playing it, would make it so much easier if 16 32 48 64 buttons would light up indciating the step it it's on?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 08:24:20 pm by momodig »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines