April 20, 2024, 02:48:28 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Change octave  (Read 3532 times)

janmelin

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Change octave
« on: September 09, 2019, 04:29:18 pm »
When I run my 2S from an external device like Mutable Instruments Marbles with pitch in to VCO 1 it plays in a very low octave. Is there any way to raise the octave? I have tried to change ”V/Oct base note” in Midi Control Center with no success and the Octave +/- pads can not be used.
There is one solution that I do not like:
With Expert Sleepers module Disting MK4 I can use algoritm A-1 Precision Adder and add 1 or 2 Volts for raising the octave but I need Disting for other purposes.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 04:40:18 pm by janmelin »

Ron H

Re: Change octave
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 07:49:03 pm »
The synthesizer portion is all analog. If you need a higher octave from VCO 1 then you either need to tune it higher or send a higher voltage to the VCO 1 pitch input.

ziggyzipgun

• Apprentice
Re: Change octave
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2020, 07:18:42 pm »
I don't know how helpful this will be, but I've encountered two things with the 2S.

Firstly, when sending the Pitch and Gate out to my Minibrute 1 via CV, the last note pressed on the Minibrute 1 keyboard determines the pitch; I can transpose the sequence that way if needed. 

Secondly, when setting the pitch of each step of a sequence, it will usually stop at C0...but I can transpose the sequence down an octave or two, and then it will read C-2.  You may be able to reach higher note values the same way.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines