March 29, 2024, 12:08:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: LEOPARD COMPATIBILITY QUESTION...?  (Read 1117 times)

Ramond

• Apprentice
LEOPARD COMPATIBILITY QUESTION...?
« on: November 28, 2019, 07:55:12 am »
Hello everyone,,
so lets put this customer service to the test...

I have been searching the forums for any reference to Arturia Products and compatibility
with Mac Leopard OSX 10.5, also Pro Tools 7.4.2 and Intel Mac Pro computers.  One of the reasons I purchased the MacPro is so that I could have more instanciations of Arturia Synths running at once...
showbox.bio/ tutuapp.uno/ vidmate.vet/
I have been surprised to find that my search on your forum has 0% references to these questions. I cannot believe that this is true... It seems incomprehensible to me that no one out there has asked this question

So, what is the compatibility answer?  Will I ever get to run my Arturia plugins again?  or are they vaporware, because I was going to buy the Jupiter Plug in..
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 04:11:38 pm by Ramond »

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: LEOPARD COMPATIBILITY QUESTION...?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2019, 09:03:37 am »
It seems incomprehensible to me that no one out there has asked this question
So, what is the compatibility answer?
What's incomprehensible to me is that someone in 2019 is still using Leopard. You can't expect Arturia to still code their plugins to support an ancient twelve year old operating system. Check what the most recent OS is that your Mac Pro can run. Current versions of Arturia products require at least 10.11 El Capitan, which will run on 2008-onwards Mac Pro's and is still available from the App Store for those Macs which are too old to run Sierra or later.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

LBH

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2019, 02:06:01 pm »
Hello everyone,,
so lets put this customer service to the test...

I have been searching the forums for any reference to Arturia Products and compatibility
with Mac Leopard OSX 10.5, also Pro Tools 7.4.2 and Intel Mac Pro computers.  One of the reasons I purchased the MacPro is so that I could have more instanciations of Arturia Synths running at once...

I have been surprised to find that my search on your forum has 0% references to these questions. I cannot believe that this is true... It seems incomprehensible to me that no one out there has asked this question

So, what is the compatibility answer?  Will I ever get to run my Arturia plugins again?  or are they vaporware, because I was going to buy the Jupiter Plug in..
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

This forums is'nt a officiel customor service. You have to concact Arturia support for that.

You can find compatibilty informations on the sales sites. Normally on the "Details" page for the product, and that's also the case for Jup-8 V.

MAC change their OS much more than Windows i believe. I wonder when Apple dropped the last support for Leopard. I think they drop support quite fast.

Windows 7 from 2009 is required when using Windows. Microsoft is stopping the last support in january 2020 i believe. That perhaps affect if software still will be made or announced compatible with Windows 7, also or at least for security reasons.

Compatibility issues is much about OS developers like Apple and Microsoft, and less about Arturia and other developers of software that run on those systems.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2019, 08:43:36 am »
I wonder when Apple dropped the last support for Leopard. I think they drop support quite fast.
2009. Most third-party app developers had dropped support for it by 2012, Apple's business model with respect to OS support and releases is quite different to Microsoft's. When I first saw this thread I had to check the date of the post, at first I thought a ten year old thread had somehow reappeared.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines