March 28, 2024, 11:25:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Ability to drive via midi file?  (Read 6816 times)

dino@felstar.com

• Apprentice
Ability to drive via midi file?
« on: September 07, 2019, 02:27:18 pm »
I know I can just plop it in a DAW, but if I'm using it standalone, it would be nice to be able to load/play a midi file.

That would be quite useful comparing a certain melody line across various instruments, without having to play it by hand each time

Same for the standalone instruments. Just a load/play control (with keyboard/midi hotkey too)

Thanks.

dino@felstar.com

• Apprentice
Re: Ability to drive via midi file?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2019, 03:46:00 am »
Added to this, it would be great to be able to embed MIDIs into a preset, so that you could easily demo the preset in action, 1 or more, then play any of those midis, or save them to disk

Of course you should also be able to play any preset MIDI with another preset

Having preset midis would really help get a feel for the preset

gphantom

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2019, 06:55:19 pm »
That would make Analog Lab a new instrument, which is interesting in itself.
You could also key a sequencer like the KEYSTEP and program different keys and have it play automatically.  Instead of saving a melody to disk, you'd save it to the keystep controller instead.  Keystep has 8 different steps each with up to 64 sub steps with up to (I believe) 10 keys per step.
All you need do is create a CONCERT, create a song and save each preset you want into that song.
Then use the keystep to play back step 1, stop, select the next preset, switch the keystep to step 2 then play it etc.
having a sequencer is great for things like this.

dkettle

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2020, 03:25:00 pm »
It's been over a year since you posted the question, but if it's still relevant to you, I think you can do what you want (if I understand your question).

If you're on Windows, you can install loopMidi (or something similar). This lets you create virtual Midi ports. You can then select the virtual port as the output in your player and the input in Analog Lab. Then just play the Midi file in your player, sending the Midi data to Analog Lab. I don't know much about Mac's, but you can probably do the same. It may even be built into the OS, I'm not sure.

Here's the web site for loopMidi (it's free, but not Open Source):

https://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software/loopmidi.html

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines