April 19, 2024, 09:14:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: No sound, no full control :/  (Read 3431 times)

Back2L

• Apprentice
No sound, no full control :/
« on: September 03, 2019, 09:50:55 pm »
Hey everyone
I've been trying to set my keylab essential up all afternoon and I still can't get any sound out of it.
Been looking for Arturia's videos on youtube and realozed that I couldn't even use every control on the controller...
MCC still receives signals from it (see the up/down arrows on top of the left side)

What shall I do ? :'(
Thanks for your help

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: No sound, no full control :/
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 01:09:16 pm »
What software are you trying to use it with on your computer? Make sure the software is configured to see the KLE as a midi input device.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

gphantom

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2019, 03:06:46 pm »
Based on your message, it sounds like you're trying to get the controller to produce sounds as a stand-alone keyboard.  If this is the case, you should know that a midi controller only sends keypress and control information, exactly like your computer keyboard which does not display the keys pressed, it sends the codes to the computer which translates the codes to the screen.
You need a software, like Analog Lab 4 or any other synthesizer or DAW or other than can take the codes sent by the keyboard and convert them to sound.
If this is what you meant, that the keyboard is not producing sound, now you know.  If not, then please try to explain in more detail what the problem is.

Back2L

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2019, 05:37:13 pm »
What software are you trying to use it with on your computer? Make sure the software is configured to see the KLE as a midi input device.

Thanks for the advice ^^ it totally worked

Back2L

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2019, 05:40:36 pm »
Based on your message, it sounds like you're trying to get the controller to produce sounds as a stand-alone keyboard.  If this is the case, you should know that a midi controller only sends keypress and control information, exactly like your computer keyboard which does not display the keys pressed, it sends the codes to the computer which translates the codes to the screen.
You need a software, like Analog Lab 4 or any other synthesizer or DAW or other than can take the codes sent by the keyboard and convert them to sound.
If this is what you meant, that the keyboard is not producing sound, now you know.  If not, then please try to explain in more detail what the problem is.

Dude I followed every single step described on each guide I found. I downloaded MCC, Analog lab 4 and Ableton Live lite (still haven't used this one because I already need to learn using the Keylab :p)

gphantom

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2019, 03:58:42 pm »
Dude I followed every single step described on each guide I found. I downloaded MCC, Analog lab 4 and Ableton Live lite (still haven't used this one because I already need to learn using the Keylab :p)

Well, you should know that Ableton Live is like an elephant.  Unless you apply yourself by taking several hours per day, it'll take forever to master.  It's one huge software to learn.  I've been at it for about 2 years and only scratched the surface.  I bought the Intro version for 100.00 or so and then there's the stuff in the more advanced versions.
It's a complex software but it is surely capable.  Sometimes I use their own instruments and other times I use Analog Lab or Modular V plug ins.

As for Analog Lab 4, I spend months going through each preset and placing them in my own banks.  I've created banks to represent different types of instruments like (PERCUSSION, BRASS, PIANO, ORGAN, SYNTH, FLUTE, STRINGS(Plucked), STRINGS(Bowed), DRUM kits, KICK drum, PADS, FX, SEQUENCER) and so on since I need to look for a specific instruments or background sounds.

It'll surely be time consuming but definitely well worth it.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2019, 01:40:47 pm »

Thanks for the advice ^^ it totally worked
You're welcome. Glad it worked for you.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines