April 18, 2024, 04:28:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: New Keystep, MIDI Control Centre Turn Off Transport Controls Does not Work  (Read 1878 times)

playinmyblues

• Apprentice
Hi. I just bought a Keystep and am trying to turn off the transport controls in the MIDI Control Centre. I click on store in Working Memory and it says it uploads the settings to the Keystep. However, when I go to use the Keystep, pressing the Play button still triggers all my synths.

By the way, I have the Keystep connected to an IK Multimedia Uno to a Roland D-05 to a Korg Volca Keys. All the synths are set to different MIDI channels.

I think I can do a workaround by setting the Keystep to accept MIDI clock signal by MIDI and connect my Microkorg XL to the MIDI In. Then I just have to avoid pressing Play. However, then I cannot use the arpeggiator on the Keystep.

It would be very helpful to have Arturia fix this issue. If the Transport Controls have an option for Off in MIDI Control Centre that does not do that, what does that option do?

Just to clarify, I am wondering how to turn off the Transport Controls but still have the Keystep provide the MIDI Clock signal?

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Turning off transport in MCC only disables the transmission of MMC transport messages and MIDI CC's that some DAW's use to receive transport messages with.  It won't disable actual MIDI Real Time Messages.  You will have to find a way to make your other equipment ignore MIDI RTM's.  I know with Volca you can set them to Internal Sync and they will not act on any RTM's but don't know about the others.  And yes, running the KeyStep in slave mode will disable MIDI RTM's being transmitted by it's transport controls, but you will need to set it to MIDI THRU mode to pass on the MIDI clock message from your microKorg, though you will still have transport messages being sent from your microKorg being passed also.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines