March 28, 2024, 01:15:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Ok hear me out here...  (Read 1363 times)

daniel78

• Apprentice
Ok hear me out here...
« on: August 23, 2019, 01:46:48 am »
Ok. I know this is probably unrealistic but one can dream...     
Would it be feasible to add a simple step sequencer to the Keylab mk2??? 
It has all the required lights and buttons/pads (for 16 steps at least). It has a display. It has transport controls. In terms of interface its already way ahead of eg. the beatstep (non pro), or keystep.   
Presumably it has *some* available internal memory, and obviously its already running software of some kind just for the interface... 

Lack of a arpeggiator and/or step sequencer are the only negative points against the Keylab Mk2 in my opinion. 
So if Arturia are feeling like a challenge, this would be really awesome... just sayin'  ;D 

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: Ok hear me out here...
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2019, 12:41:08 pm »
They could almost certainly do it with a firmware update.

But that understandably costs money, to pay the programmers to re-code the firmware to add major new features. And the sad truth is, we live in a world where people are not prepared to pay for firmware updates anymore. Consumers even expect OS upgrades to their computers phones and tablets for free, even though they're not really getting them for free they're pre-paying for 4-6 years of updates (i.e for the duration of product's useful life expectancy) at the time of purchase.

So while a simple step sequencer almost certainly could be implemented, it won't be, because not enough people would pay for it.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

daniel78

• Apprentice
Re: Ok hear me out here...
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2019, 07:45:47 pm »
Yeah, does seem unlikely. FWIW, I personally would pay good money for this :)

I also just realized I accidentally posted this in the analog lab forum rather than the keylab one. Oops.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines