April 19, 2024, 11:25:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Using your guitar within Minibrute 2S  (Read 1377 times)

Twitchy_One

• Apprentice
Using your guitar within Minibrute 2S
« on: August 13, 2019, 05:52:57 am »
Hello Team,

I've given in to my GAS lust & have ordered that massive sale package: Minibrute 2S w/6U rack, carrying case, & cables.  My order should arrive in about three days & I'm very excited to get my hands & ears dirty!

One of the first things I noticed in the manual is that it mentioned I could plug my guitar into it. :)  So I ordered a 1/4 mono TRS
to 3.5 mm converter patch & the first thing I want to do when I get my system is plug-in the guitar (or maybe the second thing after
I get the basics down & plugged into the DAW).

Has anyone tried this yet?   If so, have you tried it with both direct input and/or through an amp output (perhaps line-level or basic audio out)?

I've got a Sustainiac in my guitar so I'm hoping that will add some interesting noise to the system.

I'll probably have several other questions moving forward & look forward to reading & learning here with the other folks here.

Best,
Twitchy

zedius

Re: Using your guitar within Minibrute 2S
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 11:27:33 pm »
Hey! The Minibrute 2S's external input is expecting modular levels so you'll need a preamp of some kind between the guitar and the Minbrute 2S. It has trouble even with line level signals. I haven't tried a guitar yet, but I'm sure it will need to be amped.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines