March 29, 2024, 02:17:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Option to make sequence transpose work like other synths  (Read 1081 times)

icheath

Option to make sequence transpose work like other synths
« on: August 22, 2019, 05:17:11 am »
KeyStep's transpose mode doesn't work like other synths, which is really annoying...

Other synths: Whenever you hold down a key, it transposes and loops the sequence until you release the key. Sequence does not play while no key is pressed.
KeyStep: Endless sequence looping must be started first; key presses then transpose the already looping sequence.

If I have a sequence that I want to follow a chord progression in my song, I should be able to just play the chord root notes in time to the song, and hear the transposed sequence match the music. Very hard to do with a continually looping sequence.

Would like to see an option to change the way transpose works.

gphantom

Re: Option to make sequence transpose work like other synths
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2019, 07:22:33 pm »
I wonder if you couldn't copy the sequence (via MCC) to another sequence (2 for example) then you could modify the notes as if they were transposed.  All you would have to do is select sequence 2 instead of 1.  On the other hand, I don't use transpose so I wouldn't know if this idea would solve a problem, at least as a kludge.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines