March 28, 2024, 06:51:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Controller assignment bug [Solved]  (Read 1198 times)

fenderchris

• Apprentice
Controller assignment bug [Solved]
« on: July 30, 2019, 01:22:14 pm »
Generic Remote controller knob and fader assignments do not function for any patches saved in the USER bank.

For example, If I select the Factory bank and then select any patch, the remote controller assignments I have set up between my Nektar P1 controller and the 10 knobs and 10 faders in the lower section of AL4 all function as expected; but if I select any patch from the USER bank they do not function at all.

This seems like a bug to me.  Why should they not work regardless of the select bank?

« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 10:25:43 am by fenderchris »
Windows-11, 64gb ram, Nuendo 11.0.41, V7 Collection, Pigments, OB-Xa, CS-80 V4.

gphantom

Re: Controller assignment bug
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 05:39:46 pm »
You have to select your user template and then in DEVICE MEMORIES, select which user number (drum pad used for MAP SELECT) then click on STORE TO just below.  The user map will then program the keyboard controller with your template.  Then, you need to press on MAP SELECT then press on the drum pad that you stored to.  Don't forget to press on MAP SELECT again to not select a map or if you tap on a drum pad, you'll change the mapping.
Another point is that the MCC program works for Arturia devices.  I'm not sure if your Nektar P1 has programmable functions coming from the MCC software.  Since I don't have a NEKTAR, I can't say for sure.

I have read the sales information about the Nektar P1 and it mentions the following DAWs ( Bitwig Studio, Cubase, Nuendo, Logic Pro, Reason, Main Stage, or Reaper) but no mention of Ableton.  Ableton requires a MACKIE CONTROL in the DAW mode while others require HUI control.  Each one communicates differently so you might want to check into that.  Maybe ask the people who make the Nektar device.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 05:46:33 pm by gphantom »

LBH

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2019, 06:56:41 pm »
@fenderchris
I think there is a major bug. I have reported this: https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=95363.0#msg158258
I think the issues you mention is a part of the same.

fenderchris

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2019, 12:27:46 pm »
You have to select your user template and then in DEVICE MEMORIES, select which user number (drum pad used for MAP SELECT) then click on STORE TO just below.  The user map will then program the keyboard controller with your template.  Then, you need to press on MAP SELECT then press on the drum pad that you stored to.  Don't forget to press on MAP SELECT again to not select a map or if you tap on a drum pad, you'll change the mapping.
Another point is that the MCC program works for Arturia devices.  I'm not sure if your Nektar P1 has programmable functions coming from the MCC software.  Since I don't have a NEKTAR, I can't say for sure.

I have read the sales information about the Nektar P1 and it mentions the following DAWs ( Bitwig Studio, Cubase, Nuendo, Logic Pro, Reason, Main Stage, or Reaper) but no mention of Ableton.  Ableton requires a MACKIE CONTROL in the DAW mode while others require HUI control.  Each one communicates differently so you might want to check into that.  Maybe ask the people who make the Nektar device.

I am sorry, but I have no sense as to how any of this relates to my post.

User template, device memories, user number, drum pad, map select, Ableton - what?

fenderchris

• Apprentice
Re: Controller assignment bug [Solved]
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2019, 10:25:06 am »
This issue appears to be solved by the latest version of AL4 (4.0.4.2972)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines