March 28, 2024, 12:39:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: FR to set the number of steps for Functions and more. Also good for the Seq/ arp  (Read 1317 times)

LBH

FR to set the number of steps for Functions and more. Will also improove the Sequencer/ arp section.

I suggest to be able to set the number of steps for functions, so it also was possible to in example use only 15 steps in a full cycle and alike.

I also suggest a trigger source like "Seq Start" to retrigger the Function each time the sequencers Pitch lane reach Step 1. Seems like it's wrong it does'nt allready, as it apparantly work like a note on right now.
This suggetion apply to all the situations where the "Seq Start" can be used as a "trigger".
(A question: What's the difference between "Gate Source", "Trigger" and "Reset Source"? I would like them all, but it look like they all act the same. And only the Random Binary have the ability to retrigger in a random way by it self. I doubt this work like intended right now. Does it? Am i missing something?)

Also i suggest to add Auto Regen (Randomize) just like the Sequencer have.

And i suggest to be able to connect the Functions to the sequencers Polyrythm Realign.

Beside giving more possibilties to the Functions them selfs, then the above suggestions will also make the Functions to act like full working modulation lanes for the Sequencer/ Arp, even though many possibilities allready excist for this in some situations, but not in all situations.

I've posted this FR's in December 2018: https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=94311.0
This also add to the functionality of many things.

I think this will be true to the fleksible way Pigments is build, and to the current visual design.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 03:11:27 am by LBH »

davew

• Apprentice
FR to set the number of steps for Functions and more. Will also improove the Sequencer/ arp section.

I suggest to be able to set the number of steps for functions, so it also was possible to in example use only 15 steps in a full cycle and alike...
I think this will be true to the fleksible way Pigments is build, and to the current visual design.

Pigments has the most intuitive modulation system of any synthesizer I've ever used. That being said, I agree that the functions could use a few more features. The ability to adjust/modulate the number of steps, in particular, would be very useful and interesting, especially for polyrhythmic patterns. With the sequencer, as you point out, and also for patches without the sequencer. This would also nicely complement a feature I've requested, a knob to adjust the phase/startpoint of each function.
Great suggestions!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines