March 29, 2024, 09:45:35 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Can't find how Aftertouch is assigned  (Read 3194 times)

Musicmind

• Apprentice
Can't find how Aftertouch is assigned
« on: August 12, 2019, 10:56:16 am »
Hi
In a patch named Africa Main Brass 2 the Aftertouch is assigned a kind of cut off, so the sound get's a lot brighter when AT is engaged. In the MIDI assignment page there is no indication of this.
Now I want to assign another CC to this function but how can I do that if I can't see how it's set-up?

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: Can't find how Aftertouch is assigned
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 01:02:12 pm »
Aftertouch doesn't control a cutoff as such. If you look in the top right of the synth you will see a section called 'TOUCH RESPONSE'. Aftertouch controls the difference between the Initial 'BRILL' and 'LEVEL' sliders and the After 'BRILL' and 'LEVEL' sliders. I don't think there is an option within the VST to map that to anything but aftertouch. If the DAW you are using is half decent there should be an option to remap another controller (e.g.: mod) to Aftertouch. I know Logic Pro X can do this, if you are using Logic Pro X I can explain how. If you are using another DAW and not sure how, hopefully the DAW's manual will explain.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

LBH

Re: Can't find how Aftertouch is assigned
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 01:57:15 pm »
Hi
In a patch named Africa Main Brass 2 the Aftertouch is assigned a kind of cut off, so the sound get's a lot brighter when AT is engaged. In the MIDI assignment page there is no indication of this.
Now I want to assign another CC to this function but how can I do that if I can't see how it's set-up?
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

I can't say anything specific about the preset you mention, as i don't have it.

But the Brilliance parameters affect both the HPF and the LPF in the Filter section. So it is cutoff.

Above the keyboard - just right of the "original" preset buttons you find 3 performance levers where the green lever "Brill" is Brilliance. You can assign a CC to this lever and thus control the overall Brilliance with that. Unless you remove the Brilliance settings in the Touch Responce section, then you will have both to affect the sound.

You can also assign Midi CCs to the greeen "Brill" (Brilliance) sliders in the Touch Response section MajorFubar mention.
"Initial" is the amount of Brilliance the initial Velocity add to the settings you have for HPF and LPF in the filter section. "After" is the amount Aftertouch add.

(Keep in mind that you unlike the original CS-80 have the option to choose to use LPF and/ or HPF using the grey buttons in the filter section.  If you in example disable the HPF, then the Brilliance arameters only affect the LPF.
If you deselect both HPF and LPF, then you bypass the filter.) 
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 02:13:15 pm by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines