March 28, 2024, 06:41:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: What controls filter opening over time - Accosolaris patch  (Read 3258 times)

dylanbjohnson

• Apprentice
What controls filter opening over time - Accosolaris patch
« on: August 18, 2019, 09:30:43 pm »
I'm brand new to this synth, and i can't seem to find what is causing the filter to open and close over a period of time. For example, it starts out very low pass sounding, opens up, and then closes back down. What control is opening/closing the filter like this? Thanks!

LBH

Re: What controls filter opening over time - Accosolaris patch
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2019, 11:23:58 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

For the preset Accsolaris that i assume you mean to write in your topic title, then the filter is modulated both by the filter envelopes and by the sub oscilator.
The sub oscillator has a very slow cycle and have a huge impact on the result you get each time you play a note. I can imagine that is what you are wondering about. You can try to change the speed slider and the VCF slider in the sub oscillator section to get a feeling about the impact it has on the sound.

Was that what you was looking for?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 11:28:32 pm by LBH »

dylanbjohnson

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 02:49:47 am »
Hey, thanks for the reply! I will take a look at the track I have it in tomorrow and let you know if this answers my question - it sure sounds like it will.

dylanbjohnson

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2019, 07:58:36 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

For the preset Accsolaris that i assume you mean to write in your topic title, then the filter is modulated both by the filter envelopes and by the sub oscilator.
The sub oscillator has a very slow cycle and have a huge impact on the result you get each time you play a note. I can imagine that is what you are wondering about. You can try to change the speed slider and the VCF slider in the sub oscillator section to get a feeling about the impact it has on the sound.

Was that what you was looking for?

I think the sub oscillator is what I'm hearing that's modulating the filter envelope over a long period of time. I see that the slow speed of the sub osc is what's causing that. But can you explain what the VCO/VCF/VCA controls represent/are doing? Thanks so much.

dylanbjohnson

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2019, 07:59:38 pm »
VCO/VCF/VCA controls within the sub osc section

LBH

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2019, 10:52:56 pm »
I have missed you previous post, so i've just seen it.

The SUB OSC is just like a LFO (Low Frequency Oscillator). The SPEED controls the tempo on the "cycle". The SPEED slider control the speed.
The "cycle" can affect VCO, VCF and VCA.
For the VCO (Voltage Controlled Oscillator) the generel VCO PITCH  is affected. The VCO slider control the depth.
For the VCF (Voltage Controlles Filter) the generel VCF Cutoff is affected. Bothe the LPF and HPF Cutoff. The VCF slider control the depth.
For the VCA /Voltage Controlled Amplifier) the generel VCA Level is affected. The VCA slider control the depth.
In this case generel means that both synth lines parameters is affected.

It's possible to find articles on the web on synth parameters and such.
You do know there are manuals for Arturia applications here?: https://www.arturia.com/support/updates&manuals

dylanbjohnson

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2019, 09:41:22 pm »
yes - i'm aware that there is a manual. I didn't find the CS-80 manual to be very helpful. Thanks for the reply.

LilHossBigJake

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2019, 05:40:00 am »
If it helps, sometimes the actual manual can be found and is more helpful than Arturia's when it comes to the instrument controls. Several of the actual manuals have good info since synth design was new to the public in the 70s and early 80s

Barry

dylanbjohnson

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2019, 08:07:54 pm »
Is there a way to turn off the SUB OSC so it isn't acting as an LFO?

LBH

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2019, 10:10:18 pm »
Is there a way to turn off the SUB OSC so it isn't acting as an LFO?
When the VCO, the VCF and the VCA sliders in the SUB OSCILLATOR section, - and the VCO and the VCF sliders in the TOUCH RESPONSE/ SUB OSC AFTER section all are set to zero, - and when there is'nt any SUB OSC modulation addded through the modulation Matrix, - and the SUB WHEEL button is'nt enabled, then there is'nt any modulation from the SUB OSCILLATOR in any way in any sound.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines