March 29, 2024, 06:02:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Bug *Reproducible*: Preset loading / Jupiter-8 / Pitch Bend / Modulation  (Read 1483 times)

eclewlow

• Apprentice
I believe this issue to be possibly related to other issues in this forum.  Particularly issues in relation to:  Jupiter-8 / Dual brass / Pitch bend / Modulation Wheel / Preset loading (twice)
I believe the issue is recording software agnostic, as I was able to produce it directly through VST, without use in conjunction with recording software.  This issue may also be OS agnostic, but I haven't confirmed this.

Possible related issue.
https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=94536.0

Description:

In certain situations, after loading the Jupiter-8 "Dual Brass" preset, playing with the "Pitch Bend" or "Modulation/Mod Wheel" will result in a broken sound process (multiple sound channels will be present).

Setup:

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
Processor: 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Software: Analog Lab 4

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Open Analog Lab 4
1b. Search for "dual brass" and wait a few seconds, but do not select the preset just yet. (Result: the Dual Brass (Jupiter-8) preset will show up in the Results list (top-center)
2. Click the Analog Lab Menu Dropdown
3. Choose "New Preset..." (Result: the Preset panel (top-right) will populate with two boxes for layering synths)
4. Click the close ("x") symbol to end the "New Preset..." creation process
5. Now click the "Dual Brass" preset in the Results list. (Result: the Dual Brass preset loads)
(The following steps require the Keyboard and Controls to be visible, which is the default)
6. Adjust the "Mod" wheel UI via your mouse (or midi controller) to a value > 0.75.  This is necessary whenever a preset is selected to "jog" the synths settings, despite the UI indicating that it is already set to the given value (in reality it is not)
7. Play a key on the keyboard UI via your mouse (or a midi controller)

Result:
- Two sounds play simultaneously.   One with modulation, one without.

Diagnosis:
- Multiple sound processes are being created and aren't being cleaned up when switching between UI modes.

Recommendation:
- Fix

Reason:
- Customer confidence.

Notes:
- I think Arturia products are amazing.  I have a KeyLab 88, Yamaha CS80 (software), Piano V/V2 (software).  The quality never disappoints.  I would love to contribute to seeing Arturia remain the best in quality.
- I love the Yamaha CS80 (software version provided by Arturia).  Something about the interface.  I'm probably bias, though, because I know M. Jackson, Toto, and Vangelis used this synth in their music, too.
- I've owned a Roland Jupiter-80 (physical one).  Very customizable, but I didn't really like it.  I guess because I love computers more, and I don't like gear, because I am a minimalist.
- I've owned a Nord Electro 2.  I didn't really like it either.  I guess I didn't like the sound of the sound banks, and I prefer weighted keys.
- This issue occurs with Mainstage 3, if a patch uses Jupiter-8 Dual Brass and you use the Mod/Pitch Bend wheels.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 11:44:58 pm by eclewlow »

LBH

I don't think you are aware, that the Dual Brass preset in it self is sound that is layered in JUP-8. It does have 2 sounds. So it's not about Analog Lab does'nt clean up from a Analog Multisound like you suggest.
You just have to select the preset without creating a new preset and all the other stuff to have a change to test this. You can even test in the individual JUP-8 application just by selecting the preset there.

I can confirm that i have exsperienced the "Dual Brass" preset you mention to have modulation issues in both Analog Lab and in JUP-8.
Somehow the modulations only affect one sound or affect the two sounds in the preset with different intervals or modulations amount if any at all.
Re-setting the Bender and MW settings in JUP-8 manually seems to correct this, when this happens. But that require having JUP-8, and it should'nt be so anyway.

Have you exsperienced this with other dual JUP-8 presets and/ or with other single JUP-8 presets?
Have you exsperienced this with presets that's not JUP-8 presets? Can it be a JUP-8 preset related issue?

I'm on Windows 10, so it's not OS related.

And it's not related to DAW's as it happens in standalone modes too.

eclewlow

• Apprentice
I see.  Thanks, I'll have to read more about the Jupiter 8.  I've never used it.

All considered.  It's still a bug.  Whether I've used it or not.

Unless "stuff being broken" is your idea of how things "are expected to work".

So it's not about Analog Lab does'nt clean up from a Analog Multisound like you suggest.

Actually, I'm not suggesting it's Analog Multisound being the culprit.  You assumed that, perhaps because the way I've found this issue to be reproducible coincidentally involves Multisound.   I only suggested that there is a broken "sound process", which is a little broader than saying, "I think this is a bug related to Multisound", technically.

As a matter of fact I can reproduce this issue in more than one way.  The second way being:  By loading a Mainstage 3 Set that already uses "Dual Brass" as one of its patches (which has nothing to do with Multisound).  The same issue is present.

Also, your English seems to be broken.  Is this laziness, or just the way it is, too?

I can confirm that i have exsperienced the "Dual Brass" preset you mention to have modulation issues in both Analog Lab and in JUP-8.
Somehow the modulations only affect one sound or affect the two sounds in the preset with different intervals or modulations amount if any at all.
Re-setting the Bender and MW settings in JUP-8 manually seems to correct this, when this happens. But that require having JUP-8, and it should'nt be so anyway.

What I think you're saying is you've confirmed that you can recreate this issue?

But you mention:
Re-setting the Bender and MW settings in JUP-8 manually seems to correct this, when this happens

Which is not true for me.  Actually using the PitchBend/Mod Wheel is a necessary step in order to create this issue, not "correct" it.

I am not suggesting this is related to Analog Multisound, as you "suggest".

« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 10:36:08 am by eclewlow »

LBH

English is not my native language.

Yes i confirmed there is something wrong, but i suggest that this might be a broken preset issue (And perhaps a JUP-8 Dual mode issue.). That's why i ask you, if you exsperience this with other presets. It''s to investigate what's going on.
Have you exsperienced this with other dual JUP-8 presets and/ or with other single JUP-8 presets?
Have you exsperienced this with presets that's not JUP-8 presets? Can it be a JUP-8 preset related issue?

Do you only have the issue with the DUAL BRASS preset? It sound like it.

Re-setting the Bender and MW settings in JUP-8 manually seems to correct this, when this happens

Which is not true for me.  Actually using the PitchBend/Mod Wheel is a necessary step in order to create this issue, not "correct" it.
You take that line out of context. I actually write this (Note i' was also explaining the issue.):
I'm not saying you shall not use the bender and MW. You shall.  It's not the bender/ MW positions i talk about.  (BTW FYI: In JUP-8 the MW is a button and not a wheel.)
I talk about resetting the amount settings of how much impact the bender and MW have on the sound. In JUP-8 it's some sliders in the bender/ MW section.
You don't have those parameters in Analog Lab, and that's why i say that one need to have the JUP-8 application to do this. Do you have the JUP-8 application?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 02:02:38 pm by LBH »

eclewlow

• Apprentice
I've only used the Dual Brass preset so far, yes.

I see.  So you own the Jupiter-8 software by Arturia, and this issue does not happen in the Jupiter 8 software?

I think I understand now.  Thank you.

I appreciate your candor.

So you're saying this won't happen in the Jupiter-8 software then.  I guess it's simple for me.  Don't use Analog Lab 4.  Get the Jupiter 8 instead.

LBH

I see.  So you own the Jupiter-8 software by Arturia, and this issue does not happen in the Jupiter 8 software?

I think I understand now.  Thank you.

I appreciate your candor.

So you're saying this won't happen in the Jupiter-8 software then.  I guess it's simple for me.  Don't use Analog Lab 4.  Get the Jupiter 8 instead.
No i say it does happen in JUP-8. That's the point, as it can indicate that the issue does'nt have anything to do with Analog Lab at all.

I've only used the Dual Brass preset so far, yes.
And as it seems it's perhaps only this preset or perhaps some presets that have this issue, then it might be a preset related issue of some kind. Perhaps it can be something about JUP-8s own dual/ split function. Nothing to do with Analog Lab. Keep in mind that Analog Lab uses presets from Arturias full applications.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 01:27:44 pm by LBH »

eclewlow

• Apprentice
Ok..  Well you actually make no sense to me whatsoever now.  Not that that's a problem.  Bab, babel, babble.  I don't think it has anything to do with English, or that "type" of language.   Maybe it's a different type of language.

I just bought the Arturia V Collection 7, which includes the Jupiter-8, to check reproduction in the standalone Jupiter-8 by Arturia.

For me, it does not happen running Arturia's Jupiter-8 -> Dual Brass patch (sans Analog Lab 4).
It only happens when I use Arturia's Analog Lab 4 -> Dual Brass patch (Jupiter-8)

Arturia's Analog Lab 4 is buggy.  Unfortunately.

Recommendation:
Fix

Reason:
Customer Confidence.  Customer Appreciation.  Customer Sanity.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines