March 28, 2024, 08:58:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Synching Minibrute 2S and Matrixbrute  (Read 3762 times)

mylorman

• Apprentice
Synching Minibrute 2S and Matrixbrute
« on: August 15, 2019, 03:48:37 pm »
Hi
I am a new to semi modular equipment and have a matrixbrute and am about to order a minibrute 2s for the sequencer options etc.

I want to synch the two units together and as I understand it i just need a single TRS cable.
Do I connect the TRS cable from the send/return 1/4 inch socket on the matrixbrute and then to the 3.5mm TRS clock line on the minibrute 2s ??
How do i get the audio across from the minibrute to be processed by the matrixbrute ?? Simply connect the 1/4 inch headphone output from the minibrute acroos to the 1/4 inch matrix brute audio input ??

If i do this will the matrixbrute synch the minibrute 2s and the matrixbrute be able to process the output from the minibrute ?
Does this sound correct ?

mylorman

• Apprentice
Re: Synching Minibrute 2S and Matrixbrute
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2019, 04:07:09 pm »
In answer to my last question .. would it be easier to connect from midi out on the matrixbrute to midi in on the  minibrute and set them as master and slave ?.. I guess this way I could use either machine as a master or a slave depending on what i want to do ?

minus_ego

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2019, 04:55:59 pm »
My recommendation would be to start with connecting the MIDI OUT of the Matrix to the MIDI IN of the mini and then connect the AUDIO OUT of the mini to the AUDIO IN on the matrix.  This will allow you to play the mini brute from the matrix brute keyboard and process the audio from the mini with the matrix.  Keep in mind you will need to adjust the signal level coming from the mini using the audio in level knob on the matrix and the External knob in the matrix mixer section.  Good luck and have fun!

mylorman

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2019, 05:32:11 pm »
Thank you .. i thought that may be the easiest place to start .. does playing with the trs connections give me more flexibility to play the mini as separate instrument whilst still maintaining sync to the matrix for processing ?

minus_ego

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2019, 08:12:02 pm »
I think I understand what you mean but in that case I would just remove the midi connection from the matrix to the mini and then you can still process the audio from the mini but be able to play it freely.  The TRS insert connection (I think that's what you're referring to) is typically used for external effects to be inserted after the amp section of the audio path, if that makes sense.

If you are wanting to slave the mini to the clock of the matrix then i would try using the 1/8 inch SYNC OUT from the matrix to the CLOCK IN of the mini.  I hope this helps.

minus_ego

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2019, 09:58:14 pm »
I think I understand what you mean but in that case I would just remove the midi connection from the matrix to the mini and then you can still process the audio from the mini but be able to play it freely.

I just remembered that when you do this, make sure to turn on the KEY HOLD on the matrix or, connect the GATE output of the mini to the GATE input of the matrix so the envelopes and gate are triggered, otherwise no sound will come through without pressing a key on the matrix.

mylorman

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2019, 02:46:41 am »
Hiya .. thank you once again .. that sounds more like what I was trying to do .. the arturia manual on the matrix brute is quite scant and doesn't really describe much about this for a newbie .avagoodone
Adam
:)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines