March 29, 2024, 11:06:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Analog Lab 4 Plugin GUI White Screen in Ableton Live 10 Lite  (Read 2086 times)

kennardkong

Analog Lab 4 Plugin GUI White Screen in Ableton Live 10 Lite
« on: August 13, 2019, 02:06:23 pm »
Hi there, I recently purchased the Arturia Keylab Essential 49. Installed Analog Lab 4 that came with it. Installed Ableton Live 10 Lite as well. Started recording some stuff. Everything worked fine. Saved my project. Opened my project the next day to edit again. Clicked on a stem which had a Synth sound from the Analog Lab 4 plugin but the GUI did not pop up. I then went to click on the wrench button. After a few seconds, the GUI popped up but it's just a blank white screen. Whenever I close the blank window, Ableton Live crashes. Any help? Thanks.

Using a Windows Laptop. Tried running Live with my integrated graphics card and Nvidia card as well but still doesn't work. However if I open up a new track and fire up the Analog Lab plugin, it works. but not for existing tracks that I made before.

LBH

Re: Analog Lab 4 Plugin GUI White Screen in Ableton Live 10 Lite
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 05:20:13 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

Could you please provide informations about which excact version of OS, Analog Lab and Ableton you are using and about what excact graphics you are using?
Are they all updated to the latest application/ driver versions?
Which excact CPU model do you use?

Do you have issues with other third party plugins when using ableton?

Do you have issues when using Analog Lab in standalone mode?
Have you acivated Analog Lab in Arturia software center (ASC)?

How do you know the issue is about Analog Lab? To me it's odd it works when you open a new project.
When you say "stem", then do you mean "track"? I'm not a ableton user. Do you have anything else running in the projects you where you have issues?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 05:33:34 pm by LBH »

kennardkong

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2019, 10:27:42 am »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

Hi there, Thanks!

Could you please provide informations about which excact version of OS, Analog Lab and Ableton you are using and about what excact graphics you are using?
Are they all updated to the latest application/ driver versions?
Which excact CPU model do you use?

I'm using Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit(10.0 Build 18362), Analog Lab 4.0.3.2918, Ableton Live 10 Lite (10.1 Build: 2019-05-14_820f098a4a), Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630/NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060.
Yes I've updated all drivers and applications to their latest versions.
I'm using an MSI GS65 Stealth 8SE, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU, 16gb RAM.

Do you have issues with other third party plugins when using ableton?

No. Only Analog Lab 4 has this issue.

Do you have issues when using Analog Lab in standalone mode?
Have you acivated Analog Lab in Arturia software center (ASC)?

No issue with standalone mode. and Yes I have activated it.

How do you know the issue is about Analog Lab? To me it's odd it works when you open a new project.
When you say "stem", then do you mean "track"? I'm not a ableton user. Do you have anything else running in the projects you where you have issues?

Because only the AL4 plugin crashes Ableton Live. Other plugins work fine. To clarify, I meant that the issue only happens after when I save the project, close Ableton, re-open Ableton and try to open the GUI for the AL4 plugin. If I open a new project and load the AL4 plugin as a new track, then there's no issue.

Yes I meant track sorry not stem. No only the AL4 plugin is giving me issues at the moment.

Thanks for your reply cheers.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2019, 12:59:45 pm »
I can't help directly, but I have certainly noticed an increase in the number of people reporting problems with Arturia plugins in Live on Windows PCs. Considering a Live Lite licence comes with Arturia products, you would think the two companies have checked that their applications are compatible with each other. Perhaps it's a Windows problem?
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

LBH

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2019, 02:23:35 pm »
@kennardkong

I also use Windows.
With my limited knowleadge and based on your informations, then i can't see there should be something with your OS or computer that causes this issue, if things normally work.

I notice you don't have issues when you use Analog Lab in standalone mode.
This can indicate it could be a compatibility issue with Ableton like MajorFubar talk about. But it could also indicate, that it is about a settings in your Ableton, that's not set correct.
Also you can try to:
1. uninstall Analog Lab Lite
2. restart your PC
3. reinstall Analog Lab Lite
And also be sure you only have one version of Analog Lab Lite VST in the plugin folder that you use for Ableton. You can have a VST2 in ne folder and a VST3 in another.

Ableton settings you can try to search the web about. Or ask in Ableton forum.

In case of a compatibility issue, then i suggest you contact both Arturia and Ableton support. That we users can't do anything about.

If everyone had this issue, then i guess there would be lot's and lot's reports about it. That might indicate it's not a compatibility issue, but more about settings, installs, and order with plugins and such. I can't tell for sure.

Normally software shall adapt to the OS it shall run on, and not the other way around.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 02:26:29 pm by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines