April 25, 2024, 02:09:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MCC and USB clock  (Read 1078 times)

Dionysios

• Apprentice
MCC and USB clock
« on: August 13, 2019, 10:27:10 am »
Hi all, this is my first post here.

I got a Keystep few days ago which is added to my rig. I use it only to create Patterns which then control mostly a Korg Volca Bass. Then I have a Montage and microKorg XL+, all of them connected to a DAW driven by Ableton Live or Cubase.

DAW is the master clock for all the instruments and obviously, Keystep's clock setting is set to USB.

So here is my problem, I can't use anymore now the MCC sequencer module as the clock is set to USB! When a DAW software is up (Ableton Live for example), which is the one giving the clock to the above rig, if I need to set up a pattern via the sequencer module of MCC, I can't as the Keystep MIDI connection is occupied my Live.

If I turn off Live and want to use only MCC, I have no USB clock anymore so the Keystep wont't play anything at all!!!

I know that changing Keystep's clock from USB to Internal is a temp solution but I can't switch every 5 minutes the buttons there…

Any clues? o.O

Thanks in advance for your help!

Dionysios -
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 11:38:45 am by Dionysios »

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: MCC and USB clock
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 01:03:08 pm »
New firmware out today after a three year wait. Have a look through the pinned thread, some of the bugfixes might address your issues.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Dionysios

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 02:54:36 pm »
Thanks for getting back, I've installed the new firmware 2 days ago and actually this issue is not solved.

Is still not possible to have 2 instances of Keystep in use, one for the clock and one for the Midi Control Center.
The problem is, when Keystep is set to USB Clock how is possible to use it with the Midi Control Center if there is no USB Clock giving to it signal?

Thanks,

Dionysios -

gphantom

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2019, 04:45:40 pm »
The new firmware update was dated August 12th, 2019 and is version keystep_Firmware_Update__1_0_28
If you updated two days ago, you updated the wrong version.
Also, you need to update the MCC program as well since they go together.

Dionysios

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2019, 10:32:22 pm »
I am sorry but I see 22 July for the firmware and 29 July for the MCC and are those I installed and updated. The important thing is that the firmware is the correct one. :)

In any case I found a workaround today. Keystep is connected via USB for the general Midi information while it gets the clock from the Midi connection from Montage This is something Montage does by using a special port while all the instruments are all connected at the DAW. By doing this I can switch from the Live to MCC without switching Keystep's clock switches.

Thanks for your support guys.

Dionysios -

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines