March 28, 2024, 11:40:50 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: KeyStep Firmware Update V1.1.0.18  (Read 22915 times)

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
KeyStep Firmware Update V1.1.0.18
« on: August 12, 2019, 04:45:22 pm »
Hello.

A Keystep firmware update is now available, check your MIDI Control Center !

https://www.arturia.com/products/keystep/resources

KeyStep V1.1.0.18 - Release Notes

New Features:

Set the sequence length using Record + 16 first keys

Sequencer / Arpeggiator “Arm” setting - when receiving an external clock, the sequencer will only play if armed

Shift + Rate: Tempo fine-tune, centered on the current tempo, and quantized to integer BPM values

Arp Octave: Shift + Oct buttons to add or remove octaves in the arp

Arp: Global setting for random mode, choose between fully random, random-repeating pattern, or drunken walk algorithm

LED brightness setting in MIDI Control Center, to dim the overall brightness

Clear Steps while keeping sequence length using Shift + both Octave buttons simultaneously

New Tie algorithm, to tie to the next step instead of the previous one

Bugfixes:

Transpose Input Channel displayed with ??? in the MCC - Transpose “All” removed and default value set to chan=16 (instead of “User”)

USB packets now properly sent, solves the connection to a USB host such as the FH-2

2PPQ Korg gate length was 15ms, now set to 1.5ms. Better Volca synchronization.

Start in sync after a stop from master when Midi Slaved

BPM estimation improved

When holding a key and playing other notes, voice stealing is now properly handled on CV out

The first tied chord is now properly played when the sequence ends with a tied note and record had been done in append mode

No more stuck CV notes when switching MIDI channels while playing an external midi device

Aftertouch MIDI channel now follows the Kbd play MIDI channel

Best Regards

Edouard
DGDGDGDGDG

gphantom

Re: KeyStep Firmware Update V1.1.0.18
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 02:06:19 am »
Yipppeeee.
I just now played around with the latest update and I can say that finally, the Arpegiator works like a charm.  Used to be a problem pressing the keys before the next keys pressed would overwrite the ones I played but now, it takes it's time and allows me to press as many keys as I need AND you can now change octaves and add keys in the other octaves.  Wonderful so far.
And the second thing I tried was dimming the lights to 10 percent and it's dim enough now to not be a distraction.
Can't wait to discover the other modifications and additions.

Also, the manual was updated as well... Nice and clearly written.
BRAVO

bunja1979

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 11:57:10 pm »
but wheres the transpose

basicbasic

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2019, 02:50:48 am »
I can't seem to get the Arpeggiator Octave feature to work correctly. If I have an arp running and hold shift and press octave + or - the whole pattern will shift up one octave (regardless of if I press + or -) and it does not add octaves to the pattern. I have to press stop to reset it back to the original octave the arp was in. I have sync set to 1 step (Gate) if that makes a difference.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2019, 01:02:36 pm »
but wheres the transpose
What I figured would be just about the easiest new feature to implment didn't get implemented.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

fenin

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2019, 07:40:17 pm »
also :
is there no delete sequence function..??
keep on dubbin

gphantom

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2019, 04:15:23 am »
You need to keep at least one key down while in HOLD mode then, press the oct- or oct+ button then add the other keys.
Keep on trying

basicbasic

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2019, 05:15:27 am »
You need to keep at least one key down while in HOLD mode then, press the oct- or oct+ button then add the other keys.
Keep on trying

Nope - same problem. Whole pattern shifts up one octave (regardless of whether I press + or -) and that's it. Only thing I can think of is maybe having it in 1 step (Gate) sync mode might be the issue. At some point i'll switch sync modes and see if that helps.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 08:02:13 am by basicbasic »

basicbasic

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2019, 05:26:56 am »
Ok I can confirm there is a bug with the Arp octave stuff AND sync being set to 1 step (Gate). If I set sync to 1 step (Clock) the Shift Oct+/- works as intended, however if I set sync to 1 step (Gate) then it does not work correctly - it simply shifts the pattern up one octave (regardless of whether I have pressed + or -).

fenin

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2019, 01:51:37 pm »
 :(
keep on dubbin

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2019, 07:59:00 am »
Sorry I'm late, work has been pretty busy.

also :
is there no delete sequence function..??

• Clear Steps - Pressing SHIT + OCT+/OCT- will clear all steps of the sequence. This way you keep your seq length.

Otherwise I guess you just use the old way of clearing by going into step record and hitting rest once to replace the existing notes and bring the sequence length to one step.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

lake33

• Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2019, 09:27:53 pm »
I complain a lot on this forum, and I haven't been messing with the Firmware Update long so I might end up complaining in the future, but...

Thank you so much for this Firmware Update! I had been using the Firmware from two updates ago because the 2nd most recent had so many issues, but this update seems to fix a lot of the issues I had.
The Pattern-Based Random Arp Mode is one of the funnest features on any piece of gear I own. Great use of the Record button in Arp Mode.
I also greatly appreciate the ability to dim the LED lights.

bunja1979

• Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2019, 08:48:30 am »
You could as a goodwill gesture , add semi tone transpose and iron out some buga i was so disappointed in this update  i bet the new mini key thing has transpose and if not thats a crime , why do i continue to support stuff that disappoints me ? Would be nice if i didnt have to i may just get a more simple midi controller that has transpose any cheap one probably will  sell this cheers

gphantom

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2019, 03:48:08 pm »
Personally, I chose the keyboard because I needed a smaller keyboard than my 49 key version which makes it easier to bring with me to the cottage along with my laptop.  When I read that it had a sequencer AND Aftertouch, that was icing on the cake.  I suppose that for other problems being reported, it would be best to spend 600.00 or more for something that does everything you want.  For 149.00, this can't be beat so, stop being cheap and get an expensive keyboard or, stop complaining...

yann_

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2019, 10:09:31 am »
On the link it says KeyStep V1.1.0.28 instead of KeyStep V1.1.0.18

Btw i cannot updgrade my keystep it's still on 1.0.1
and when I try to do the process...
I put the keystep in bootmode selecte the file when I try to upload it it says device not recognized...
I even tried connecting it straight to my computer same problem
Am on a Mac pro here.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines