April 24, 2024, 07:47:40 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Faders settings  (Read 1707 times)

VII

Faders settings
« on: July 26, 2019, 10:20:03 am »
Hi,

I am asking a question before to buy it.
Most of the time I am working on arrangement view in Ableton Live, or at the begining of a project in session view, so I don't need a lauchpad like a push 2.
I am looking for an ableton controller with 16 pads and a keyboard. I think the KeyLab 49 MkII is great for this. But I don't understand something about faders at the top right.
If you have one Analog Lab VST by track (example here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=437&v=4RbQXNciV1s), with 3 or 4 tracks or more, in Analog Lab mode you physically move the faders to set Attack,decay Release, sustain, if you go to another track, how to return your settings ? Faders will be at the last position you moved them ?
It's the same thing if you switch from Analog mode to DAW mode ? The faders will change the track volume levels ?

« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 10:22:39 am by VII »

Cryzor

• Apprentice
Re: Faders settings
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 09:25:04 pm »
Please don't buy this ... It's bad as hell... I have the Keylab mk2 49 and with the newest firmware I don't have my pads and my sustain pedal ready for work.. Nothing reacts and this forum is bad .. no one can help after lots of weeks... If I could I would bring that piece of .. back to arturia... the first time and the last time I bought something from this company..

MrBiggs

• Apprentice
Re: Faders settings
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2019, 04:27:49 pm »
When you switch modes or scenes, the sounds do not change, but once you change the faders and go back to the original mode/scene, the "real" position no longer matches the "virtual" faders. In pretty much all midi hardware/software setups there is something you'll see that refers to absolute and relative positions, or sometimes called jump or pickup or something like this, allowing you to choose one. This is covered in the Keylab manual, but the idea is that if ups move the fader in one mode, it'll "jump" the virtual fader to match, causing a possibly abrupt change in the sound. The other mode allows you to move the fader til it matches the virtual position, avoiding that abrupt change.
This is a standard issue in MIDI control and one we all deal with. Arturia's is a pretty good solution to it.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines