March 28, 2024, 01:31:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: BeatStep Pro and Studio One MIDI question  (Read 896 times)

Twitchy_One

• Apprentice
BeatStep Pro and Studio One MIDI question
« on: August 10, 2019, 02:23:08 am »
Hello Team,

So far I've managed to do some amazing things with the BSP.  I've got it controlling a Volca (which routes its output to the audio interface & into an audio track in Studio One), the Mai Tai synth in Studio One, and also through Rewire to Reason it's sending sequence to Europa & playing it.  All of it is working!!!

...but something weird has happened!  For some reason when I click record in Studio One to capture my handiwork, it's not picking up any of the MIDI notes being played from the two VST instruments.

As a workaround, I routed the two VST instruments into two separate audio tracks & it's recording the audio just fine.

I just don't understand why it's no longer picking up the MIDI notes.  When I first set it up, it was picking up the MIDI notes in each track during a recording, but I had a bunch of other problems during that first-time setup, that have since been addressed.  I just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas on why the BSP's MIDI notes wouldn't be getting picked up.  The signal is coming in & I can play it & hear it with just playing through.

Best,
Twitchy

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines