April 20, 2024, 12:29:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Bug? Jup-8 V3 loses polyphony after a while  (Read 3015 times)

Chrisk-K

• Apprentice
Bug? Jup-8 V3 loses polyphony after a while
« on: July 28, 2020, 05:30:35 am »
I'll illustrate an odd issue. Let's take "Fact 28" patch as an example. It offers 8 voice polyphony. After playing the patch for 1-2 minutes, I only get 3 voice polyphony. Re-load "Fact 28" and it again correctly offers 8 voice polyphony....only to offer 3 voice polyphony some time later. This happens with other presets and my own presets. This happens whether I use the Jup as a stand alone or inside Ableton. It seems like a serious bug. 

Edited to add: This has nothing to do with my PC running Windows 10. The Jup-8 V3 uses less than 10% of my CPU power and I never have this problem with other Arturia products (I have Pigments and V Collection 7).
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 06:53:33 am by Chrisk-K »

LBH

Re: Bug? Jup-8 V3 loses polyphony after a while
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2020, 07:17:46 pm »
I don't think this is about presets.

I think perhaps there is something odd random behavior going on with the assign modes, the voice stealing and also when using pedal hold while some notes are held down.
I think it would be good, if Arturia had a look at it.

In Poly mode 1, then if you in example hold down some notes, then activate the hold pedal and play other notes, then the hold notes are being stolen, at some voice count.

In Poly mode 2 this work better, but normal voice stealing and retrigger function for the mode is not consistent, and using the hold pedal also introduce unexspected behavior.
And if you in Poly mode 2 play multiple notes with a long release and play a single note while the chord is in the release phase, then the chord notes should be cut, but only one of those voises is cut.

Can you describe how you use the sound, when you exsperience the issue? That would be a good idea, if you contact Arturia support, and they need to reproduce the issue.
If you are using the Fact 28 preset with it's programmed Poly 1 Assign mode, then are you also using a hold pedal to hold notes during the playing, and is that perhaps responsible for the behavior you exsperience? Or is it about a random inconsistent behavior with voice stealing?

Does it help on your problem, if you set the preset to in example use 16 or 32 voices instead of 8?

Chrisk-K

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2020, 12:45:56 am »
I don't use a hold pedal with the Jup-8. Again, I don't have a problem similar to this with other instruments in V Collection 7. I'll see if I can pinpoint the exact situation that leads to this problem.

Edited to add: I can reliably reproduce this problem. Load "Fact 28" preset and play comping using chords with more than 5 notes (e.g., Am11). You'll keep hearing all 6 notes. After 20 seconds or so, the Jup-8 can produce only 4 notes (sometimes only 3 notes) unless "Fact 28" is reloaded. This happens with the ASIO driver, Windows Audio and Direct Sound. So, it's not a driver issue. This happens in the stand-alone mode or within Ableton or Cubase.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 01:04:52 am by Chrisk-K »

LBH

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2020, 01:27:40 am »
I can reliably reproduce this problem. Load "Fact 28" preset and play comping using chords with more than 5 notes (e.g., Am11). You'll keep hearing all 6 notes. After 20 seconds or so, the Jup-8 can produce only 4 notes (sometimes only 3 notes) unless "Fact 28" is reloaded.
I can confirm this.

I still think it can be about voice stealing or voice allocation. And perhaps about triggering.
If you in example in your example set the Assing mode to poly 2, instead of poly 1, then it look like it work, except if i use the sustain pedal. So perhaps that's a workaround for you now. But things should work in Poly 1 mode too, and also when using Hold pedal,

I suggest you contact Arturia support. This is a serious issue.

Chrisk-K

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2020, 03:43:54 am »
I reported it to Arturia support. Hopefully, they will look into this bug. This is an odd bug. I haven't come across this bug with other presets, and there is really nothing special about how the preset Fact 28 is programmed. 

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines