March 28, 2024, 09:16:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: B-3 Presets -- no leslie speed control?  (Read 1898 times)

griffin.eric.s@gmail.com

B-3 Presets -- no leslie speed control?
« on: July 31, 2019, 05:39:48 am »
The usual modwheel mapping doesn't seem to be present for any B-3 presents.  It's also not a listed choice in any other knob/slider mapping.

Surely such an essential part of playing this instrument is not reserved for the full B-3 instrument.  Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Eric

LBH

Re: B-3 Presets -- no leslie speed control?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2019, 12:56:19 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

Normally the modwheel is assigned to B3's Leslie speed switch, and is working with presets that use Leslie.

I think the issue that it does'nt work have to to with this: https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=95363.0#msg158258
It's not impossible, that it sometimes will work sometimes and sometimes not using the same preset.
Other issues with parameters and midi assignment in the newest version of AL4 has been reported in the forum.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2019, 01:01:34 pm »
I'm not currently at my computer but I'm half sure a sustain pedal triggers the lesley.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

LBH

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2019, 01:47:16 pm »
I'm not currently at my computer but I'm half sure a sustain pedal triggers the lesley.
No.

Normally the Sustain pedal hold notes.
The Expression pedal normally is assigned to B3s Sweel pedal by default.
And the Modwheel is normally by default assigned to B3s Leslie slow/ fast switch.
The controls that's not reserved can be reassigned. The above is the standard, unless a midi CC that can - is being changed by the user in the full application.

I can add, that i apparantly don't have this leslie speed issue. I have the full V-Collection.
On one PC i have overwriten the midi CC1 for the leslie speed. On another it's default midi CC1 (modwheel). Both seems to work in Analog Lab.
But at the time being, i'm not certain about anything in Analog Lab, because of the issues i'm experiencing.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 01:49:05 pm by LBH »

LBH

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2019, 03:39:40 pm »
Perhaps i should add, that on the PC where i use the default setting, then i have tested using the virtual modwheel and not with a controller.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines